paramedic practice in USA

gumis

Forum Ride Along
Hi everybody,

I'm a Polish student on second year Paramedic Medical University, after this year will be my year to graduation. After completing this year, I would like to do practice in the USA.I have a few questions:
Is it possible? What institutions may be interested in this kind of job? What do I have to do to be employed? How much they can pay?
I would add that I was already in the USA last vacation on Long Island.

Thank you for your answers.

Medic Tim

Forum Deputy Chief
Premium Member
It is very difficult to transfer in foreign ems credentials. You would most likely have to take a paramedic course here..... After getting a student visa. This will most likely be a long and expensive process. If you get licensed here you would then need a work visa. Ems workers do not qualify for a work visa without being married to an American or some other foot in the door. You can't even volunteer without a visa. The pay varies from barely minimum wage to a comfortable salary depending on experience and location. It is not impossible but is very very difficult.

OP
OP
G

gumis

Forum Ride Along
How it looks like the opportunity to practice in Europe?

Medic Tim

Forum Deputy Chief
Premium Member
I am not sure how it works in other places. My wife is American and I still had to jump through a lot of hoops to be able to practice/volunteer in the USA.