Paramedic ignores injuries, aids others

MariaCatEMT

Forum Asst. Chief
Clark County rescue worker hailed for heroics

When a Greyhound bus crashed into a Clark County rescue unit early Saturday morning, paramedic Colby Rupert was banged up, but he did not dwell on his injuries.

Instead, the 31-year-old paramedic instinctively grabbed a 25-pound extraction tool, limped to the front of the bus and spent the next three minutes feverishly trying to cut through metal to free the bus driver from a precarious position.

Read more here...

Jon

Administrator
Community Leader
That happens all too often... we are to used to helping others, that whe we get hurt, we still try to help....

natrab

Forum Crew Member
Glad to see it's a positive story. From the title I had myself thinking it was going to be another medic-basher (medic ignored someone's serious injuries and only helped the cheerleaders or something). ^_^

Raf

Forum Lieutenant
natrab, I was thinking the same thing. I think the title should have said "ignores [own] injuries" or something of that sort.

nonetheless, I can't believe the bus couldn't get over to the left lane. It states that Rupert and an ambulance crew were in an "emergency vehicle". I'm assuming it's an ambulance, which should be pretty easy to see. It was very late though..3 AM I think it said, so the driver was probably a little out of it. But then again, if he can't handle it, he shouldn't be a bus driver at those hours.