Paramedic for care ambulance?

canardroti

Forum Probie
Hello there, I noticed CARE in the city of Orange hire paramedics.

Do they do 911 with the FD? Anyone worked for them as a Medic? Any input would be appreciated.
I used the search button and did not find any info. As a matter of fact, I haven't anything on Google either.

Thank you

gonefishing

Forum Deputy Chief
Hello there, I noticed CARE in the city of Orange hire paramedics.

Do they do 911 with the FD? Anyone worked for them as a Medic? Any input would be appreciated.
I used the search button and did not find any info. As a matter of fact, I haven't anything on Google either.

Thank you
IFT and BLS transport for FD

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

OP
OP
C

canardroti

Forum Probie
so..they're just EMT-B then.. What's the pay like? I know EMT-B make 10.50 the hour, how about a "medic"?

toyskater86

Forum Lieutenant
It's probably just like being a paramedic at any other IFT company in LA county...except you run 911 calls as BLS. Actually, you might be better off working as a paramedic for an IFT company where you could get paid about 10 dollars moreover hour if you just want to stay in LA county and not venture out into Kern/Ventura/SB

OP
OP
C

canardroti

Forum Probie
That is sickly depressing to my ears. I live in Costa mesa trying to of course get that FD job.
The wife and I live here and her job is in OC.
Commuting to SB would be...grueling..fawk. I really enjoyed my internship in the Inland Empire but that commute was insane.

FoleyArtist

More murse than medic now...
That is sickly depressing to my ears. I live in Costa mesa trying to of course get that FD job.
The wife and I live here and her job is in OC.
Commuting to SB would be...grueling..fawk. I really enjoyed my internship in the Inland Empire but that commute was insane.

you can always check out Lynch's ALS program if you wanna stay in OC. the only other ALS in OC is Liberty. Subjectively from the ex Liberty guys working at Lynch its worlds better in every aspect company vs. company

VentMonkey

Family Guy
AMR-San Diego might be worth it since you're a tad closer to them being in South (Orange) County? Also, AMR Riverside might be doable, they have (had?) 24's off of the 91 that borders the northern parts of the OC.

Both are primary ALS-911 paramedic field work. Also, good luck with the dual-role jobs, seriously. Also, also, I would love to live in Costa Mesa.

I did my internship in Murrieta, and just about any of their 24's in AMR-Riverside's south division seems doable from the OC, IMO.

FoleyArtist

AMR-San Diego might be worth it since you're a tad closer to them being in South (Orange) County? Also, AMR Riverside might be doable, they have (had?) 24's off of the 91 that borders the northern parts of the OC.

Both are primary ALS-911 paramedic field work. Also, good luck with the dual-role jobs, seriously. Also, also, I would love to live in Costa Mesa.

I did my internship in Murrieta, and just about any of their 24's in AMR-Riverside's south division seems doable from the OC, IMO.

Amr riverside has almost zero 24s now exect for a perris unit, anza(?), and maybe elsinore. They've all gone hotswap day/night 12. This is 2016 info dunno if anything has changed in the subsequent shift bids after i left.

Amr SD/ RM with be cool. I have a couple classmates that work there. As far as i know. SDFD "RM" units are in house 12s, a day and night crew with 12hr ssm cars. And i heard the AMR inhouse units do a full 24 with the fire crews.

VentMonkey

Family Guy
Amr riverside has almost zero 24s now exect for a perris unit, anza(?), and maybe elsinore. They've all gone hotswap day/night 12. This is 2016 info dunno if anything has changed in the subsequent shift bids after i left.

Amr SD/ RM with be cool. I have a couple classmates that work there. As far as i know. SDFD "RM" units are in house 12s, a day and night crew with 12hr ssm cars. And i heard the AMR inhouse units do a full 24 with the fire crews.
It should be all AMR in San Diego since R/M has been abolished; this was a pretty big takeover a couple of years ago. And yes, they too were (are?) in-house with the SDFD, if that's your thing.

FoleyArtist

It should be all AMR in San Diego since R/M has been abolished; this was a pretty big takeover a couple of years ago. And yes, they too were (are?) in-house with the SDFD, if that's your thing.

Correct. I meant they still operate as if its two different companies still. I had an LDT down there last month spoke with an emt on a RM rig. Its like amr vegas and mwa. So "RM" guys still dress like sdfd with the similar sdfd patches and badge etc.

VentMonkey

Family Guy
Correct. I meant they still operate as if its two different companies still. I had an LDT down there last month spoke with an emt on a RM rig.
Interesting, I wonder if this also applies to Santa Clara (R/M) EMS. We did a transfer up that way a few weeks back, and it would appear to be similar as I saw a couple of Santa Clara EMS units coming and going to, and from the hospital.

CALEMT

The Other Guy/ Paramaybe?
AMR Riverside might be doable, they have (had?) 24's off of the 91 that borders the northern parts of the OC.

I can not confirm this but I believe that there is a 24 hour rig somewhere near Corona. I know for a fact that theres a Corona deployment for Riverside Division.

wtferick

Forum Captain
I can not confirm this but I believe that there is a 24 hour rig somewhere near Corona. I know for a fact that theres a Corona deployment for Riverside Division.
I think there is. We spoke to one of the crews who got added onto a call on the 91 with Anaheim Fire. We all transported to UCI and it sounds like they were on a 24. But I'm not to sure.

CALEMT

I think there is. We spoke to one of the crews who got added onto a call on the 91 with Anaheim Fire. We all transported to UCI and it sounds like they were on a 24. But I'm not to sure.

Theres a guy in my medic class that works for Riverside division corona deployment. I thought I remember him saying that they have a 24 hour car somewhere in that area.

VentMonkey

Family Guy
So it turns out that there's no longer a stand alone AMR Corona 24. There was one, but no more. They have an in-house 24 somewhere in south Corona (unincorporated?), which is covered by Cal Fire.

As as the city of Corona itself, and Corona Fire, AMR has no more 24's. The old one was off of the 91; I remember being moved to post there a time or two during internship. The south end units deploy out of a substation on the southern end of Riverside city.

CALEMT

They have an in-house 24 somewhere in south Corona (unincorporated?), which is covered by Cal Fire.

I'm confused by this sentence. Cal Fire runs an ambulance in south Corona or AMR does? From my understanding my area was the only place where Cal Fire ran ambulances (Indio and the cove communities).

VentMonkey

Family Guy
I'm confused by this sentence. Cal Fire runs an ambulance in south Corona or AMR does? From my understanding my area was the only place where Cal Fire ran ambulances (Indio and the cove communities).
AMR is in-house with Cal Fire in this station (64?). They're the unit, and the engine is the medic engine I gather.

CALEMT

AMR is in-house with Cal Fire in this station (64?). They're the unit, and the engine is the medic engine I gather.

Interesting. I didn't know of anywhere in RVC that runs in house.