P school in MA

Ewok Jerky

PA-C
Anyone gone through Emergency Medical Training Service (emtsinc.com) either for Basic or Medic?

Im trying to decide between medic school in CA then move to MA or move first then do school. Any info will be appreciated, feel free to PM. Thanks

nemedic

Forum Captain
I am not familiar with them, but here are my thoughts:

If you are planning to move to MA and work as a medic, I'd vote for move and go to p school here. MA OEMS takes forever to get anything done, and after the whole cert issue that everyone is aware of, is slowing the process down even more with making sure everything is legit, according to a friend of a friend that is in the process of opening a training institution and going through the accreditation process. One can only assume they'll make the process for reciprocity even longer. That, and I again assume that it would be easier to get reciprocity of a Basic ticket than a medic's

zpnx99

Forum Ride Along
Im actually going to be taking a medic course here, from what I've seen the school looks pretty nice. Although I did not get my basic through them.

vquintessence

Forum Captain
To be brutally honest, some of the most atrocious 3rd riders, applicants and new medics have come through that program in the recent years.

It is after all, a total of 700 hours of "training". It is a mill.

EDIT: It seems on par with other EMT programs in the area; I was referring to the medic program on the orginal post

zpnx99

Forum Ride Along
Which location were you looking at? I got a chance to look at the location in pembroke and was pretty impressed in terms of equipment/size of the school itself. Also EMS academy is a pretty good school to look into if you haven't already.

bstone

Forum Deputy Chief
I haven't heard many good things about MA medic programs. As far as I know not a single one of them in CAAHP accredited. (Maybe this has changed recently?)

jrm818

Forum Captain
PRO is.

Presumably the comm. college based ones meet all the requirements for accreditation as well, although they aren't (yet?) accredited.

Of course accreditation does not always a strong program make.