Oxygen Cylinders

AShaddeau

Forum Probie
I'm getting ready to take the National Registry test and I was wondering if they post any questions about the size and capacity of the oxygen tanks EMS uses? I can't find information about the size and capacity of the tanks to study, as my book is in storage. I've pretty much got everything else covered.
Any information would be GREATLY APPRECIATED! Thanks! :)

chaz90

Community Leader
Community Leader
I don't remember there being any questions about it, but every test is different. Even if there is one, it shouldn't impact the overall test too much. Good luck!

medic17

EMT-I/99, paramedic student.
I don't know what they test on but I can tell you the sizes we use. size D 2.4 liters for mobile o2. size D 20 liters for stationery o2. In my test by my local EMS they did ask and they also wanted how you can know how much time you have before you need to refill. (ATM*contents in liters/L.P.M.)

OP
OP
A

AShaddeau

Forum Probie
Thanks for your reply. I'll have to look through my book and find out the different sizes. I'll be testing for my EMT-B certification in a few weeks. I've been trying to not overwhelm myself with too much information, yet still retain all the necessary information. I've been studying in little "blocks" of time.

PaddyWagon

Forum Crew Member
2000 is full, 200 is empty. Lol

I would study things like flow meters, how to set up etc.

For skills, totally this. Plus we had a sample question about which flow meters could be used upside down, though this was not on nremt it may show up on yours. Of course now that you have studied it, I guarantee that it will not be on the test:p