Out For Too Long

sixmaybemore

Forum Crew Member
Once upon a time, I was an aid on an ALS unit. Then I was in the Army, an EMT-B, IV certified. Then I got married, had a baby, got out of the military. I let all of my training go, and embraced being a wife and mother. And I missed the work I did.

Seven years ago, I took a 40 hour course and became a Certified Child Passenger Safety Technician. I volunteer whenever I can, teaching parents and caregivers how to properly restrain children in vehicles. I'm "that car seat person" at play groups, mom groups, and homeschool groups. And then slowly I realized, I needed more.

It's time to start following the pathway to my passion, and my calling. I have a houseful of kids, and a husband that's a systems administrator. I'll have to be creative, and it's going to be slow going. I'm getting my ducks in a row, with the goal of (re)taking the EMT-B in January. After that I'll take classes - A&P, Bio - whatever I can get my hands on that fits into my schedule and would help with EMT-P. Knowledge is power, right?

Tamri in W. Washington
CPST

KEVD18

Forum Deputy Chief
well since there isnt really a question there, i'll just skip right ahead to:

welcome to the nut house!

mycrofft

Still crazy but elsewhere
Roger that!

;)..........

John E

Forum Captain
Knowledge is good...

at least it is at Faber College.

Welcome.

John E.

MMiz

I put the M in EMTLife
Community Leader
Welcome back, and Welcome to EMTLife!

Airwaygoddess

Forum Deputy Chief
Welcome to the tribe!! :):):)

ErinCooley

Forum Lieutenant
you sound a lot like me... well, minus the Army.

I majored in Geography w/ a minor in Geology and Planning, had kids, stayed home, certified as a CPST, went to emt school, buried a baby, got a EMT job and will soon be going to paramedic school

I've ALWAYS wanted to be an EMT, but didnt realize until my 4th year in college. I didnt have the heart to tell my #2 in his US Naval Academy class father that I wanted to quit college to get a tech certificate. Anyway, here I am. I work 24/48 shift, my hubby keeps our living child and my parents or il's help him out 1 day per week.

ffemt8978

Forum Vice-Principal
Community Leader
Welcome to our own little corner of dysfunction, from a fellow Washingtonian.

EMTCop86

Forum Captain
Wow seems like you are a busy woman. Good luck and welcome.