Online Courses for Military Members Overseas

GnarDawg

Forum Ride Along
Hello,

I work in a military hospital, as an EMT, in Europe. Where I am stationed, unfortunately, the highest level of certification offered is EMT. We have a National Testing Center, where we can take the National Registry Test; but I am unable to travel back to the US to attend the, "Clinical Phase/Testing," that many online courses require you to attend, upon completion of the actual, "book work." I was wondering if there were any online courses out there that offered an alternative route to complete the the clinical portion (On the Job Training?). If not, do any online courses have testing centers located in Europe?

Thank you!

BoonDoc

Forum Crew Member
PERCOM has a testing centre in Malta. You can to the online work for your NREMT Paramedic then do your skills testing in Malta. You still need to go to Texas for your final clinical placements. 384 hours is the minimum requirement but everyone takes longer than that.
You also have to do your NREMT skills testing in the US. There is an NREMT written testing centre in Madrid I think.

GloriousGabe

Forum Crew Member
For that matter what about those who live in very rural areas where the training options are far, far away?