Online CE's

zzyzx

Forum Captain
I'm looking to get online CE's to renew my California paramedic license. I've Google some companies, but none of them seem to offer the right programs. Does anyone have experience with this?

mediceducator

Forum Ride Along
I'm looking to get online CE's to renew my California paramedic license. I've Google some companies, but none of them seem to offer the right programs. Does anyone have experience with this?
Hello zzyzx, what type of program are you looking for exactly? In California, you just need to look for programs that are state or CECBEMS approved. Additionally, if the program is instructor-based (meaning you can call an instructor to ask questions), then you can earn all your hours online. I work for Medic-CE. We offer instructor-based CECBEMS approved online CE.

You can find a list of other providers on the following link, if you want to shop around. We do offer a free MedicAlert course if you want to register and try us out. Once registered, go to the course library and select free medicalert course. Note that this course has a timer, and you must spend the required amount of time in the course. Our courses do not have this requirement.

Hope this helps.

mediceducator

Forum Ride Along
left the link off my previous email:
--emsa.ca.gov/links/education.asp--

The one above will also help in addition to emt.dan's post

Akulahawk

EMT-P/ED RN
Community Leader
Basically, if the site is CECBEMS accredited, it's good to go. I've used CE Solutions and CE3000 in the past.

If you're looking for another list, here ya go: http://www.emsa.ca.gov/personnel/files/ceprov.htm

That list is also the approved list. Take special note of the highlighted entries as those have expired. This list should be updated when the list is updated, so it should be fairly accurate.

If it's applicable to your care, you can also use college coursework, 15 CE for 1 Semester Unit. My 4 unit Micro class was good for 60 CE... way back when.

Last edited by a moderator:

sdennislee

Forum Crew Member
I tried the University of Utah's site. Course content was weak to say the least. I would stay away from their offerings.

Tigger

Dodges Pucks
Community Leader
Basically, if the site is CECBEMS accredited, it's good to go. I've used CE Solutions and CE3000 in the past.

If you're looking for another list, here ya go: http://www.emsa.ca.gov/personnel/files/ceprov.htm

That list is also the approved list. Take special note of the highlighted entries as those have expired. This list should be updated when the list is updated, so it should be fairly accurate.

If it's applicable to your care, you can also use college coursework, 15 CE for 1 Semester Unit. My 4 unit Micro class was good for 60 CE... way back when.

Do you think that other college level courses in math, chemistry, psychology, or sociology could be counted towards CE? I've never heard of this before, and I'm an undergrad now with a soon to expire ticket.