Oldest Pt.??

SoCal

Forum Crew Member
So I was just wondering how old was the oldest Pt. you have ever ran on?

I had a 111 yr . old lady the other day. She was some kind of Asian and she spoke a diff. language however through a translator she was totally A&O.

ClarkKent

Forum Lieutenant
My second call (doing my ride along) was 99y/o that fall. I was thinking it was somthing that I could have fun with. No the man fall while taking dirt out of his back yard from digging a hole.

akflightmedic

Forum Deputy Chief
I transported RidRyder for a dislocated hip...he is like 500 or so now....

OP
OP
S

SoCal

Forum Crew Member
Sorry

She was of a nonspecific origin relating to somewhere in the eastern hemisphere. Hows that ? for you sensitive folks....

CollegeBoy

Forum Lieutenant
97 Y/O M during my ride alongs is my best. He was A&O but having such a difficult time breathing that he was hard to understand.

Ridryder911

EMS Guru

hey! I resemble that !...

Actually, I can say I have transported the oldest patient known to EMS. I transported a real Mummy not mommy from the museum to a CT scan in the hospital. She is estimated to be about 3,000 years old. Died from Tb.

Pretty neat.. skin intact and toenails

R/r 911

Seaglass

Lesser Ambulance Ape
I don't actually know, since my oldest never seem to speak English or have families that can or will tell me anything...

ClarkKent: Maybe you and I have the same patient. Oldest that I know was 99. And still able to walk, mentally alert, and generally pretty sharp. I thought he couldn't be more than 80 at first.

Sasha

Forum Chief
105, alert and oriented, walked better than I did, sharp as a tack, funny as heck and was a pleasure to run on, coming OUT of Hospice to go to rehab

One of my favorite calls!

Sasha

Forum Chief
She was of a nonspecific origin relating to somewhere in the eastern hemisphere. Hows that ? for you sensitive folks....

"She was Asian" would've worked as well... "Some kind of Asian" just sounds a little... not sure how to describe it, but wrong.

Sasha

Forum Chief

HIPAA violation!

HIPAA violations cost $10,000 in Florida from what my supervisor has been preaching, however because I like ya I will keep the violation quiet for a measley $8,000!

mycrofft

Still crazy but elsewhere
Rid, was it hard getting billing info and hx?

Probably just an invoice...

My eldest was 108, took her on three medivan trips and had nice conversations.

Last edited by a moderator:

akflightmedic

Forum Deputy Chief
HIPAA violation!

HIPAA violations cost $10,000 in Florida from what my supervisor has been preaching, however because I like ya I will keep the violation quiet for a measley $8,000!

I do not bill for services rendered, nor do I collect or store personal information; therefore, no violation.

Ethical violation...perhaps. HIPAA...not a chance.

Cheers!

firecoins

IFT Puppet
I transportorted several 100 plus patiets. None were as old as Rid or wrapped like mummy but all were alive.

firecoins

IFT Puppet
105, alert and oriented, walked better than I did, sharp as a tack, funny as heck and was a pleasure to run on, coming OUT of Hospice to go to rehab

One of my favorite calls!

I always knew you walked slow.

RESQ_5_1

Forum Lieutenant
HIPAA violation!

Not sure how it works in FL, but up here that information is fine to share as long as it is between Healthcare workers and used in a training format. So, is there anything we can learn from that?

And, for those in AB that would disagree with my thoughts; HIA, as of this writing, does not apply to "Abulance Attendants" as defined by the Emergency Health Services Act.

Sasha

Forum Chief
Not sure how it works in FL, but up here that information is fine to share as long as it is between Healthcare workers and used in a training format. So, is there anything we can learn from that?

And, for those in AB that would disagree with my thoughts; HIA, as of this writing, does not apply to "Abulance Attendants" as defined by the Emergency Health Services Act.

It was a joke.