Ohio peeps check in

CANMAN

Forum Asst. Chief
Whats up guy,

Looking at the possibility of relocating to Ohio, mainly looking at the Dayton/Beavercreek area but am willing to commute for a decent job. I know a little about the area, used to live there when I was in Junior High School, but since have moved and know little to nothing about the EMS systems or Paramedic career's there. Basically looking for great places to work and the places to stay away from. Would prefer a flight job, some form of Critical Care Transport or Peds Transport Team, or a 911 job. My background is all of the above currently working both paid fire/ems job and critical care gig. Thanks for any input.
CANMAN,

Tigger

Dodges Pucks
Community Leader
I've got a lot of family in that area. So far as I can tell most of the 911 is done by transporting ALS fire departments in both Dayton and the surrounding suburbs. Oakwood (adjoining Dayton) has a fire/medic/cops which is sort of unique.

Miami Valley Hospital has a helicopter service, not sure about ground CCT though.

Obviously I can't be that helpful since I don't live there but lord have I spent some family time there.

Dwindlin

Forum Captain
I'm in Dayton. Only flight service in town is Miami Valley and they require cross training as a RN plus ~5 years ED/ICU experience before you can fly. They also do run a MICU program. As the previous person said 911 in this area is entirely fire based, and the market is saturated. You can PM me with any specific questions.