oh-my-gawd

TTLWHKR

Forum Deputy Chief
I'm sitting here planning my trip..

I should have done this before I agreed to buy Whacker VII.

A tiny village near Red Deer, Alberta, Canada.

2,329 miles from Wells Jct., PA to Red Deer, AB... A 4,658 mile round trip!

My vehicle will expire it's warranty on the way back, since it will surpass 13,000 miles. Hopefully nothing goes too terribly wrong, especially since I'll be towing a large hearse back on a trailer.

I leave Sunday Morning.. I'll be there on Tuesday night, stay till Wednesday morning... Be Back on Friday night if it all goes smoothly.

This is what happens when ebay sellers fail to put their location in an auction. :angry:

We originally thought it was in the Northern Territory, b/c the guy said it was snowing. And the fact that Red Deer wasn't on the Alberta map that I got from AAA. But we did find a White Deer in the Northern Terr.
:eek:

adventureofwhacker7.jpg

:unsure:

forgot the picture.

Wingnut

EMS Junkie
:eek: Good Lord...Well be careful, we'll miss ya

You know this only proves how much of a Whacker you really are.

OP
OP
TTLWHKR

TTLWHKR

Forum Deputy Chief
Change of plans..

We're leaving at noon today, re-routing to Montana..

While I'm going 2300 miles from home, may as well visit my Grandparents near Missoula for a day or two. That will give us a chance to rest and visit some people we grew up with. Wanted to go out there for a couple years now. Of course I want to go to Hawaii too, I wonder if they have any ambulances for sale out there? :p j/k.

I'm taking my laptop, but I don't know if my WiFi will work that far from home, I don't have much expirence with it. I'll try to get some good photos, I'm known for slamming on the breaks to take pictures. :lol:

Hope yall have a safe weekend/week.

Wingnut

EMS Junkie
Have a safe trip WHKR!

MMiz

I put the M in EMTLife
Community Leader
Have a good time :)

Wont you now have to pay some crazy import/taxes since you're bringing it across the border?

Jon

Administrator
Community Leader
Hey... looks like you are going through Detroit.....

OP
OP
TTLWHKR

TTLWHKR

Forum Deputy Chief
Originally posted by MMiz@Sep 25 2005, 08:21 AM
Wont you now have to pay some crazy import/taxes since you're bringing it across the border?
I paid $25.00 fee to bring it into the US at the Sweet Grass, Mt 'port of entry'... They said since I had the title, proof of ownership, and it was registered in the US, the fee was less than if it was registered in Alberta.

I got home at 1pm.. unloaded whacker 7.. jacked it up w/ my hi-lift's, put cribbing under the frame, let it down and removed the tires. Jen assisted on this one... :blink: which was odd.. We drained the fluids, bled the brake line, took out the battery, stripped all the equipment off it, etc. Removed the light covers, brake and head lights, siren (which was a b-scratch b/c it was mounted behind the grill, I managed a deep lac on my hand b/c the sawzall slipped), radios-which were DOA, etc... All before 4pm. Then unpacked, sat in the hot tub... fell asleep in it. for three hours. :p I look like rasin. At least it was warm, because it is damn cold here. It was really damn cold out there, it was down to 38 in Montana in the mornings, 60's in the afternoon. In the low 30's in Red Deer when I got the hearse.

I wanted to post while I was gone, but my laptop seemingly didn't work, and still doesn't, even after charging. Never gonna buy a Dell again!

Gonna paint it black, Jen wants purple and silver flames.
icon8.gif

Maybe.

I'll get a photo tomorrow before I sandblast it..

Didn't get a chance to do any tourist shopping, but I did manage to bring back some type of flu or head cold, prolly the elevation changes and cold weather.. :unsure: I'm going to bed now.

OP
OP
TTLWHKR

TTLWHKR

Forum Deputy Chief
Whacker 7... was supposed to be a later 50's model Cadillac. The owner was a total idiot. It is really a late 30's model Packard.

It even says Packard on it, nowhere does it say Cadillac, or ever have the caddy symbol.

He gave it to me for 300, instead of the asking price, since he's an idiot, and I threatened to call the police and turn him in for fraud and product misrepresentation.

It came with a cot, and a coffin... :huh:

She actually runs, but not well, the first pre-1940 vehicle that I have owned that is automatic transmission. I think I'm going to add a roof light, a new siren, CB radio, extra battery, paint & restore job, and then add the cool purple and silver flames with orange accents on the sides, new exhaust and side boards, safety glass... Use it for auto shows and the like. It's a sin to paint an ambulance like that, but I mind it less for a Packard than a Caddy.

Took these photos in my cellar-garage. This was just after unloading, see how the tires are going flat... They will be more expensive than the pain.

edit: Forgot to add the photos :p

1938PackardAmbulance.jpg

ECC

Forum Captain
Nice score!

Wingnut

EMS Junkie
I can see the coffin in the back, I don't know why but it's a bit disturbing. :unsure:

Jon

Administrator
Community Leader
Originally posted by DT4EMS@Sep 30 2005, 08:17 PM
Quite cool!!
even the coffin???

MedicPrincess

Forum Deputy Chief
What I need to know is...

The Coffin....Was is "used"

Phridae

Forum Asst. Chief
Originally posted by EMTPrincess@Sep 30 2005, 09:16 PM

Ya know...thats a good thing to know.

DT4EMS

Kip Teitsort, Founder
Originally posted by MedicStudentJon+Sep 30 2005, 09:04 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (MedicStudentJon @ Sep 30 2005, 09:04 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-DT4EMS@Sep 30 2005, 08:17 PM
Quite cool!!
even the coffin??? [/b][/quote]
He he :eek: As long as it was only slightly used!

Bwahaha!! :lol:

OP
OP
TTLWHKR

TTLWHKR

Forum Deputy Chief
Originally posted by EMTPrincess@Sep 30 2005, 09:16 PM

What funeral director do you know that reuses caskets?

and what, I ask, is done with the corpse that was in it? :huh:

:unsure:

It's actually a fake coffin, fake as in material and construction. While it looks real, it doesn't open, and it's made of a very thin and lightweight wood. It's for halloween gags, and to make the hearse look real at shows. Jen wants to cut the top open, afix the lid open, partially bury it in the yard and put one of those waving skeletons in it to scare the neighborhood kids for halloween. I like the idea, my idea was close, except I was going to use Resus-Annie. She looks like a corpse anyway, just add some makeup, maybe an egg shell impale in the skull. Add to the headstone... This was the last person who egged my home... The last...

:p

Jen was afraid that would offend the neighbors, so we're thinking about doing something else.

Nope, no cheese state.. I took 80 West into the Dakota's, then made my way up to the rural outlaying of Missoula using state highways. You get the best scenic view that way, and it only takes about five hours. On the way home I used I90, 93 & 680 to Omaha, Neb. before I ventured back onto 80. Saved about ten hours of driving time that way. Plus the road has less turns, and towing a trailer w/ an old vehicle on it requires one to be alert, and frankly driving through the middle of nowhere for hours on end tires me out really fast.

emtI

Forum Crew Member
Cool car.

On the coffin issue.....I really was hoping also that it wasn't used!!! :D

when my gramma passed away we found out that her coffin has a 5 year unconditional warranty.

I wonder how we are supposed to know if it's defective????