Offshore Paramedic

EMTGUY12

Forum Probie
I have been an Offshore Paramedic for 2 years now. I love having 2 full weeks off at a time, and the international experiences I have been given with my job, all the way from the Gulf of Mexico to Singapore/Malaysia and many places in between. I am a lot younger than most of the Offshore medics I know. Do y'all ever miss the streets. I find myself regularly missing a good ambulance medical/trauma call and the challenge that working the streets used to provide. I do not miss the pay and the BS that comes along with it. Do any of the offshore medics on here ever find themselves missing the streets? I have looked at getting a PRN/part time gig on my 2 weeks off but I have run into problems with departments not wanting to work around my 14/14 schedule.

Last edited by a moderator:

TxFFP

Forum Ride Along
Hey, EMTGUY12...

Hi, EMTGUY12. I was reading your post regarding your career as an offshore paramedic. I was curious as to if you could tell me more about what you do, the work environment, etc. I'm giving the offshore field some thought, as I retired from a large urban fire department, and am looking to 'get back in the game' in an environment in which we're not making 12-15 runs a day.
Anyway, please feel free to give me a shout. Talk with you later.

Regards,

TxFFP

Last edited by a moderator:

DigDugDude

Forum Crew Member
im curious too. where are you working? what company? hows pay? whats the scope? all that jazz

Thanks!

Milla3P

Forum Lieutenant
More questions:

Me and my wife are both Ps. Do you think we could get on the same tour?

Medic Tim

Forum Deputy Chief
Premium Member
I have been an Offshore Paramedic for 2 years now. I love having 2 full weeks off at a time, and the international experiences I have been given with my job, all the way from the Gulf of Mexico to Singapore/Malaysia and many places in between. I am a lot younger than most of the Offshore medics I know. Do y'all ever miss the streets. I find myself regularly missing a good ambulance medical/trauma call and the challenge that working the streets used to provide. I do not miss the pay and the BS that comes along with it. Do any of the offshore medics on here ever find themselves missing the streets? I have looked at getting a PRN/part time gig on my 2 weeks off but I have run into problems with departments not wanting to work around my 14/14 schedule.

While I do not work off shore I do work in very remote locations ( oil fields )
I work a 2 week in 2 week out rotation. I work casual/ prn with a service and volunteer at another a couple of days when I am home. I do miss getting good calls and some of my co workers but I absolutely love being away from all the bs politics and it is nice to actually be a valued employee.