Officers Taze and shoot 5 lb dog 3 times

Status
Not open for further replies.

subliminal1284

Forum Lieutenant
CINCINNATI -- A Blue Ash family is outraged after returning home to find their dog had been shot and killed by a police officer.

The dog was a Chihuahua-mix named "Jack" that Scott and Sharon Bullock had given to their 12-year-old son for his birthday a few years ago, NewsChannel5 partner WCPO-TV reported.

When the Bullocks returned home from a family member's funeral on Friday, they found blood and three bullets on their front porch, along with a note to call the Blue Ash Police Department about their dog.

I think these cops way over reacted, even if the dog was being aggressive it only weighs 5 lbs a simple kick would of been enough to get the dog off them. They should be fired on the spot.

Last edited by a moderator:

Sasha

Forum Chief
Those heartless jerks! Perhaps if they hadn't terrorized the poor thing they could have picked it up and dropped him over the fence back into the back yard! Even if he bit, he's a small five pound dog! Jesus people! They are far bigger than the dog, and animal control deals with animals bigger than that all the time without shooting them.

OP
OP
S

subliminal1284

Forum Lieutenant
Exactly, Its kinda scary to think about but if those cops are so trigger happy to shoot a cornered 5 lb dog what else are they capable of.

HotelCo

Forum Deputy Chief
A 5lb dog isn't a threat to their safety. A 5lb dog biting one officer definitely does not justify deadly force.

Sasha

Forum Chief
Exactly, Its kinda scary to think about but if those cops are so trigger happy to shoot a cornered 5 lb dog what else are they capable of.

It kind of makes me wonder that if they couldn't handle a five pound dog, could they handle some thug breaking into a house?

Replace five pound dog with two year old child. would they shoot a two year old who bit them?? Doubtful.

Scout

Para-Noid
If it bit someone it should be put down. Now they should have called for the SPCA but i would feel far more confident going up against a German Shepard than a Chihuahua. Having said that 3 shots? and a handgun should not have been used like that in a, I would assume, residential area.

Those dogs can hurt.

OP
OP
S

subliminal1284

Forum Lieutenant
You do realize that most dogs will bite someone if they feel threatened and dont know the person right? The dog was cornered and scared ANY dog would of probably done the same thing, doesnt make them an aggressive dog that needs to be put down. :rolleyes:

Shishkabob

Forum Chief
Well, seeing as how you kept the REST OF THE DARN STORY OUT of the thread, I can see where the confusion would come in.

That's like posting "Police shoot 12 year old" without posting WHY.

Keep in mind--- if a dog bites a human in an aggressive manner, no matter your views, it will be put down.

Shishkabob

Forum Chief
Googled for more.

Blue Ash police say one of the officers was bitten on both hands. One hand was bitten 17 times and the other was bitten nine times.

The dog was holding on so tight he left one of his teeth in the officer's hands.

That's a heck of a lot more then a defensive bite.

I have a puppy. They have sharp teeth and can make you bleed easily. I'm a dog person, and I'm still not outraged at what happened.

OP
OP
S

subliminal1284

Forum Lieutenant
They shouldnt have gotten themselves into that situation in the first place, unless someone was in immediate danger from the dog they should of just called animal control and let them capture the dog.

HotelCo

Forum Deputy Chief
That's a heck of a lot more then a defensive bite.

Was there some sort of police emergency going on that they couldn't back away once the dog let go?
Officer couldn't have shoved the dog out of his way with his boot? A 5lb chihuahua... yes. A true life or death situation

A taze and shot 3 times.. hmm... Overkill, anyone?

Sasha

Forum Chief
Well, seeing as how you kept the REST OF THE DARN STORY OUT of the thread, I can see where the confusion would come in.

That's like posting "Police shoot 12 year old" without posting WHY.

Keep in mind--- if a dog bites a human in an aggressive manner, no matter your views, it will be put down.

And that's BS. What do you expect a dog to do if a child is taunting or teasing it? What do you expect a dog to do if it's scared and cornered by something 30 times it's size? We really need to re-evaluate our laws regarding animal bites.

This isn't confusion. I read the entire story, and would like to see those police fired on the spot, what they did was animal abuse.

If anyone ever shot one of my dogs like that, after tasing them, i would hunt them down and beat the heck out of them, you don't abuse animals. End of story..

Shishkabob

Forum Chief
Newest article---

http://www.wcpo.com/news/local/stor...o-Shoot-Small-Dog/i86Scq56PE6GBz0bRSbG3w.cspx

Police say the small dog had bit a jogger and they were trying to contain it, when it clamped down on an officer’s hand and would not let go.

He didn't just attack because he was cornered.

the SPCA, who examined the dog after the incident, states the dog’s primary breed as a Jack Russell Terrier and that it weighed 20 pounds.

Therefor, it had a little bit of a Chihuahua in it, and it weight a helluva lot more then "5 lbs"

Police also say the family’s dog was not licensed and did not have its required rabies shots or other vaccinations.

Shishkabob

Forum Chief
Humans don't get put down for hitting another human.

Dogs get put down for biting a human. All the time. Without excuse.

HotelCo

Forum Deputy Chief
Humans don't get put down for hitting another human.

Dogs get put down for biting a human. All the time. Without excuse.

Exactly. Put down. How is that done again? Oh that's right through drugs. Not tazing then shooting it 3 times.

Shishkabob

Forum Chief
I don't think I ever stated that they couldn't have gone about it in a different manner, did I? Oh thats right, I didn't.

But you're saying what they did is excessive, when by law, and by company policy, it is not.

If an animal is a threat to human, no matter how "small", you kill it. A 20lb dog is not a very tiny dog, and can still cause quite a bit of damage to an adult, or kill kids. He was still holding on to the officers hand when they shot it.

I'm sorry, but if an animal clamps down on a body part of mine, is making me bleed, tearing up tissue, and wont let go, you bet your butt I'd shoot it too.

Status
Not open for further replies.