Odds you live 10-1, Place Your bets now. Betting Coming To An Ambulance Soon.

medic417

The Truth Provider
So talk about the ultimate money maker. People would rather gamble than eat.

http://www.ems1.com/ems-oddities/ar...e-company-to-offer-betting-during-transports/

"Lee anticipates that the first betting kiosks should be ready and installed by the end of the summer, bringing in much needed revenue to the small struggling ambulance company.

"Gas ain't getting any cheaper" Lee said, who went on to explain that betting would only be offered to those patients that call the ambulance for "stupid reasons" which he admits accounts for 80 percent of their business."

Aidey

Community Leader Emeritus
4/1/2012

OP
OP
medic417

medic417

The Truth Provider
"People may remember City Rescue from an article a few months back when Lee announced he was installing "dancing poles" in the back to offer "Vegas style entertainment" during transports.

"Yeah," Lee explained, "I realized there just wasn't enough room to do the really cool pole tricks.""

bigbaldguy

Former medic seven years 911 service in houston
This guy sounds like the founder of Ryan air. The founder of Ryan air would throw these ludicrous ideas out just to get press for the airline. Seems to work.

Last edited by a moderator:

bigbaldguy

Former medic seven years 911 service in houston
Oh come on if no one plays along its not as funny ;)

DesertMedic66

Forum Troll
I want a dance pole in the back of my ambulance! It would makes the 3 hour IFTs go soo much faster.

Aidey

Community Leader Emeritus
Have you been around the internets today? It is downright shameful the number of people who are taking all of the "news" seriously.

DesertMedic66

Forum Troll
I'm not trusting anything I see on the internet, TV, and Facebook today lol.

I'm debating on calling dispatch when they give us a call and saying "Ahhhh April fools!! You guys got us good!"

OP
OP
medic417

medic417

The Truth Provider
Heck I think it's a great ideal. All the people who abuse the ambulance would actually be paying for their transport with all the money they would waste gambling.

Oh and Aidy it was clear it was a prank news post. Pointing it out once was plenty. Thanks.

exodus

Forum Deputy Chief

I'm debating on calling dispatch when they give us a call and saying "Ahhhh April fools!! You guys got us good!"

I think we may do that too..... Especially if it's a covina call.

exodus

Forum Deputy Chief
I would consider this half the dark side. The light side has 3 bls on all day ;)

DesertMedic66

Forum Troll
I would consider this half the dark side. The light side has 3 bls on all day ;)

Yeah tell me about it. But at least we got cleared in an hour and a half early for end of shift

exodus

Forum Deputy Chief
I'm so used to having 3 units on, i was like,"Wth, why are we going to JFK?". Then I realized what time it is.

Martyn

Forum Asst. Chief

Yeah, especially when I get the umpteenth call for rectal bleeding...

MS Medic

Forum Captain
I want a dance pole in the back of my ambulance! It would makes the 3 hour IFTs go soo much faster.

Who do you have on the truck during IFT. (I might need to come work with you :))