NYS EMT certification results?

Caspar

Forum Crew Member
I took my exam August 18th and have still not received results in the mail. Does anyone know what's going on?

NysEms2117

ex-Parole officer/EMT
I took my exam August 18th and have still not received results in the mail. Does anyone know what's going on?
As somebody that has worked in NYS for a few years now, get used to it, all government agencies in the state have 2 speeds- slow, and backwards. As somebody that took the exam on the exact same date as you, I would call the DOH located in albany (Empire plaza) and figure it out. I got my EMT-Basic card in the mail about a month ago.

OP
OP
C

Caspar

Forum Crew Member
As somebody that has worked in NYS for a few years now, get used to it, all government agencies in the state have 2 speeds- slow, and backwards. As somebody that took the exam on the exact same date as you, I would call the DOH located in albany (Empire plaza) and figure it out. I got my EMT-Basic card in the mail about a month ago.

Did you do on site scoring? I have that temporary license from the site and is good for 60 days, so maybe they are waiting until that period is over (which is coming up quickly)

NysEms2117

ex-Parole officer/EMT
Did you do on site scoring? I have that temporary license from the site and is good for 60 days, so maybe they are waiting until that period is over (which is coming up quickly)
nope, i did normal test and wait for a while, then got 2 papers in the mail. do you have a PO box or just an address DO NOT SAY YOUR ADDRESS, just saying it may have gotten lost in the mail. Call them on Tuesday, and get it fixed. It will be a pain, expect ~~ an hour on the phone.

OP
OP
C

Caspar

Forum Crew Member
It's an address. I'm guessing it was lost then. I hope they can send it quickly because I need that license

Slushster

Forum Ride Along
I took the same NYS test and got the results back over a month ago... I have a friend from class whose card got lost in the mail, they're sending him a new one.

OP
OP
C

Caspar

Forum Crew Member
I took the same NYS test and got the results back over a month ago... I have a friend from class whose card got lost in the mail, they're sending him a new one.

Do you know how long they will take to send him a new one? I hope not another 4-6 weeks

NysEms2117

ex-Parole officer/EMT
Do you know how long they will take to send him a new one? I hope not another 4-6 weeks
did you call the DOH already?

Slushster

Forum Ride Along
Nope. He requested it a little while ago and he has get to receive his card. He did however contact the DOH and they told he passed, so he was able to apply for a job or something along those lines...

NysEms2117

ex-Parole officer/EMT