NY to CT EMT

RescueDog

Forum Probie
Alright, So, I currently live in New York, and I'm planning on moving to CT sometime this summer. I did some research and found that CT's reciprocity for EMTs, accepts NYS EMT certification. However, I just want to know if I am right, or if I have to take any refreshers? or just fill out the form and send it off? also, I would assume I'd have to find their protocols somewhere, too? I'm not sure if I'm just stupid, or if it's actually hard to find the stuff I'm looking for. :p

On a side-note, Any CT EMTs out there? :D

EpiEMS

Forum Deputy Chief
Alright, So, I currently live in New York, and I'm planning on moving to CT sometime this summer. I did some research and found that CT's reciprocity for EMTs, accepts NYS EMT certification. However, I just want to know if I am right, or if I have to take any refreshers? or just fill out the form and send it off? also, I would assume I'd have to find their protocols somewhere, too? I'm not sure if I'm just stupid, or if it's actually hard to find the stuff I'm looking for. :p

On a side-note, Any CT EMTs out there? :D

I did the reverse, actually -- NYS is much slower than CT, and a lot less amenable to phone calls.

That being said, it's easy enough (I got my CT EMT by NREMT cert. from training in NH).

You aren't (to my knowledge) going to have to take a refresher or anything like that. In fact, it's a no-fee application at the EMT level.

The protocols in CT are (to my knowledge) by region (and sometimes by hospital). Here's the link for the regional councils. Each council has their own set of protocols, to my knowledge.