NREMT

fishyfish

Forum Crew Member
is it worth it to recert my NREMT state is good

PotatoMedic

Has no idea what I'm doing.
Even if you don't think you will ever move... I would keep it. It is so much easier to keep than it is to get back.

DrParasite

The fire extinguisher is not just for show
are you ever planning on leaving your state? if the answer is no, than probably not.

if you might, or you realize that you might want to some time in the future, and it isn't too much of a hassle, than might as well keep it up.

hometownmedic5

Forum Asst. Chief
It’s worth it to properly formulate and punctuate your writings if you want to be taken seriously as a professional, I can tell you that much for sure.

It is my recommendation that you never give up a certification or license until you are absolutely 100% certain, without even the shadow of a doubt, that you will never need it again. Getting your national back is far more arduous a task than maintaining it. As a broad generalization, your state mandated recert requirements should have taken care of most if not all of your national requirements. Or, taking the reverse tack, had you completed the national requirements, they would most likely have also satisfied your state requirements. In some states, there are some other things you need to do, but generally you don’t have to do both sets of requirements separately.

johnrsemt

Forum Deputy Chief
Never know when you may move or get another job;

I got a PT job 2 years ago that I drive 115 miles for that straddles state lines; so I need 2 states, and NREMT (for my FT Job). Keep it; it is easier to get other state certs with it; than with just for state cert

soflomedic14

Forum Crew Member
Don’t ever give up a cert. It’s better to have it and not need it rather than potentially screwing your self in the future if you ever need it. Like someone above said, it’s easier to keep it than to go back.

crackerman

Forum Ride Along
Just got my NREMT back yesterday!!!
Things have changed so much in 15 years that I looked at the course as ground zero again.

Do the CEs and training even if you are out of the game, never know when you are going to want to join your town's volly squad in your 40's