Nremt renewal

gonefishing

Forum Deputy Chief
Hey all,

Looking for suggestions on some con ed for nremt. I have my 24 hour refresher out of the way. I have 16 hours of distributed education. Which is a total of 40 hours. I need 30 more hours. Distributed education is maxed out at 16 hours where as nurses have free range it seems. Any suggestions? Their are not alot of live ceus going on around here or are fire/nurses only. Any help would be appreciated.

Jason

Medic
Our State (VA) mimics the NR. So I try and go to NAEMT classes for hours. The main classes I go to (some required) are: PHTLS, AMLS, EPC (or PALS), and ACLS. Then some small classes here and there to finish off the hours. The last ~2yrs our State EMT has tested out at NR level and many new EMTs are being surprised by the recert hours needed for NR, as State and NR recert are very different currently. I still recommend the same classes for them as well. The testing may be a little difficult for some, but the hours they get.

OP
OP
gonefishing

gonefishing

Forum Deputy Chief
Our State (VA) mimics the NR. So I try and go to NAEMT classes for hours. The main classes I go to (some required) are: PHTLS, AMLS, EPC (or PALS), and ACLS. Then some small classes here and there to finish off the hours. The last ~2yrs our State EMT has tested out at NR level and many new EMTs are being surprised by the recert hours needed for NR, as State and NR recert are very different currently. I still recommend the same classes for them as well. The testing may be a little difficult for some, but the hours they get.
Just found out that we are allowed 24 hours distributed education, 24 live instructed led. Already have my 24hour state refresher. Thank god they finally loosened it up!