NREMT Recertification

FFPRN16

The catch-all
Do you need to be affiliated with a agency for recertification though the NREMT? If so how long do you need to be affiliated with your agency to be eligible?

VentMonkey

Family Guy
Do you need to be affiliated with a agency for recertification though the NREMT? If so how long do you need to be affiliated with your agency to be eligible?
This will vary from agency to agency.

My agency doesn't require us to keep our NREMT up...yet. I have been told once our county will mandate NREMT it will be mandatory in company as well.

As far as paying for it, definitely worth it, especially as a paramedic. Even if your agency doesn't pay for it, it's fairly inexpensive, and again typically well worth it. Hope this helps.

OP
OP
FFPRN16

FFPRN16

The catch-all

My agency doesn't require us to keep our NREMT up...yet. I have been told once our county will mandate NREMT it will be mandatory in company as well.

As far as paying for it, definitely worth it, especially as a paramedic. Even if your agency doesn't pay for it, it's fairly inexpensive, and again typically well worth it. Hope this helps.

Not exactly what i was talking about. I am defiantly keeping my National my question is to qualify for recertification for the NR do we need to be affiliated with our agency on the nation registry website?

dutemplar

Forum Captain
Affiliated makes it a lot easier, and you can do online vs "by mail." My Agency is overseas, and not in their database, so paper it was.

Basically that comes down to "active" vs "not active" and having a training officer and/or physician sign off on your skills and being an active practitioner.

Even if you don't plan to be in a state or region that requires NR - it is far better and easier to keep it, than it is to get it back.

VentMonkey

Family Guy
Not exactly what i was talking about. I am defiantly keeping my National my question is to qualify for recertification for the NR do we need to be affiliated with our agency on the nation registry website?
Ah! Well then, exactly what dutemplar said:).

Alan L Serve

Forum Captain

You know it's questions and answers like these that make me want to eat my lunch, have a 30 minute nap, and then head back to work for a few more hours until calling it quits and heading home to the wife and kids. Maybe after dinner I'd watch a TV show or work on a woodworking project with my son Grok.

VentMonkey

Family Guy
image.gif
You know it's questions and answers like these that make me want to eat my lunch, have a 30 minute nap, and then head back to work for a few more hours until calling it quits and heading home to the wife and kids. Maybe after dinner I'd watch a TV show or work on a woodworking project with my son Grok.