NREMT Proctor

TransportJockey

Forum Chief
I have given thought to proctoring some NREMT practicals to make some extra cash on the side. Around here they want a specific NREMT proctor course to do that. Does anyone know what they are talking about?

GMCmedic

Forum Deputy Chief
Ive never heard of a course like that from NREMT. We keep it simple. EMTs or higher can proctor EMTs and Medics can proctor Medics.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

NomadicMedic

I know a guy who knows a guy.
Never heard of that either. Just follow the skills sheets.

DesertMedic66

Forum Troll
I proctor for medic NREMT. There is no special course that is required. You must have a NREMT rep on site while you are testing and I’m sure to be a NREMT rep you have to take some classes or read some info.

Also the new NREMT medic test is complete ********.

GMCmedic

Forum Deputy Chief
I've been looking but can't figure out: does a medic student take the psychomotor portion first or the cognitive portion first or does it not matter?
It doesnt matter, or at least as of 3 years ago it didnt.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

DesertMedic66

Forum Troll
For my college it’s always been the psychomotor first but I don’t know if that is just their preference.

Never2Old

Forum Crew Member
Where I teach we require the cognitive first. If you can't pass that, there is no sense in going onto the psychomotor. And, you get all the anxiousness of the written out of the way. But. you have top have a 80% or better on FISDAP to get cleared for the cognitive.

There is no NREMT requirement for one to be done before the other. This is just the preference of the Education Director. However, when I took the class, we did the psychomotor and then got cleared for the cognitive.