NREMT over year later

Chrishaglerr

Forum Ride Along
Well, I took my EMT course and passed in August of 2015 and decided I was going to go into the Police Academy afterwards. Well, after deciding Law Enforcement wasn't for me and made a huge mistake, I failed my NREMT test last year and haven't re-tested yet. My problem is, its been over a year since I've been in EMT school so a lot has left my memory since then and have been replaced with LE knowledge.

What are some recommendations that you guys have to get me back on track to pass this test WITHOUT retaking EMT? Also, how long do I have to take the NREMT after graduating before I have to retake EMT?

Thanks!

DrParasite

The fire extinguisher is not just for show
This site should help answer your second question: http://bfy.tw/9Gwc

I do recommended waiting until the end to get all the information you are looking for

OP
OP
C

Chrishaglerr

Forum Ride Along
Haha that was a good one. I was hopefully looking for someone who has waited an extensive amount of time such as myself to take the test after graduating. I've already googled and used sites to review questions, was just hoping to hear from someone who was in the same boat. Thanks though.

PotatoMedic

Has no idea what I'm doing.
I think there was someone on here that had waited a long time to take the test. But I don't think they are active currently.

You could always take the class again?

Never2Old

Forum Crew Member
Best bet .. go to www.nremt.org for all your needs ...

Quick looks says the following:

If the candidate is not currently state licensed as an EMT and it has been more than two years from the completion of an approved EMT course, the candidate must complete a new state-approved EMT course prior to applying for National Certification.