NREMT do I really need to re-cert??

Chef

Forum Crew Member
My current cert lapses in March. I have 3 of the 40 CE's completed. I'm not moving anywhere. Tx doesn't require NR so.... Do I really need to re-cert thru NREMT or just focus on the Tx cert that expires in 2019??

TransportJockey

Forum Chief
You don't need to keep it, but from personal experiences I would. It's cheap to recert and your ce hours you do for it would also count for Texas. If you can get the hours done before March I would advise just keeping it.

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

PotatoMedic

Has no idea what I'm doing.
Just keep it. Recert by exam if you don't have the hours. You never know if you will move.

TransportJockey

Forum Chief
I forgot about the recert by exam option. That works too

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

PotatoMedic

Has no idea what I'm doing.
Distance CME is an easy way to get the hours needed. And could easily be done before March.

EpiEMS

Forum Deputy Chief
I'm not moving anywhere. Tx doesn't require NR so.... Do I really need to re-cert thru NREMT or just focus on the Tx cert that expires in 2019??

Why not recert via NREMT? Can't hurt! Not to mention, you never know where you might go.

Recert by exam is easy enough - and you can surely do 37 hours of CE in three months.

OP
OP
Chef

Chef

Forum Crew Member
I've decided to let it lapse. I am going to focus my time on my business. One more liscense and I'll be my own employeer!!! Part time in the beginning but who knows what will happen from there.

DrParasite

The fire extinguisher is not just for show
I'm in the same boat. I have my NC cert which is good for 4 years, but my NR expires every 2, and NR expires in March.

I figure it's easier to keep it than let it expire and work to get it again, should the need arise.

MackTheKnife

BSN, RN-BC, EMT-P, TCRN, CEN
My current cert lapses in March. I have 3 of the 40 CE's completed. I'm not moving anywhere. Tx doesn't require NR so.... Do I really need to re-cert thru NREMT or just focus on the Tx cert that expires in 2019??
Absolutely! This is a certification that is hard to get back if it lapsed. Also, it looks good on a resume to go along with your license.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

MackTheKnife

BSN, RN-BC, EMT-P, TCRN, CEN
Just keep it. Recert by exam if you don't have the hours. You never know if you will move.
Just took the recert on Thursday. 70 questions, 20 minutes. I'll find out on Monday. This is my 5th recert. Questions seemed different from last time.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk