NR sign up

ChrisCon89

Forum Crew Member
When applying for an exam , there comes a option to select Application level.
Do I select first responder or basic , if I'm trying to obtain my emt b ?

StCEMT

Forum Deputy Chief
Wait, I thought you have done this 4 times?

OP
OP
ChrisCon89

ChrisCon89

Forum Crew Member
I did , I'm just trying to wrap my head around why I keep failing this exam . I just got the Emergency Care 11th edition text book. F my life,..

StCEMT

Forum Deputy Chief
It aint the registration process bud. The questions are tough and you will absolutely see stuff you have never even heard of. Gotta narrow stuff down though, even then some answers will make more sense than others.

NomadicMedic

I know a guy who knows a guy.
Tell us about your situation.

How long ago did you take the class?
How well did you do in class?
What is your study strategy?
Have you taken a refresher?
Do you have a diagnosed learning disability?

OP
OP
ChrisCon89

ChrisCon89

Forum Crew Member
The class was pretty much my instructor reading slides,no book. In summer 15.
My strategy was refresher course(slides), phone app(800 questions),60 page info and 150 question comprehensive booklet (cheap). More online questions.
As far as a learning disability not the best reader/retainer.

luke_31

Forum Asst. Chief
nope? It was optional. No homework was required..
No wonder you are having trouble. I feel sorry for you, your instructor left your class high and dry not requiring the textbook or having any homework to help retain the information.

StCEMT

Forum Deputy Chief
The homework thing I don't find to be a big deal, I didn't really do my homework during medic school (I actually researched what I felt weak on instead of doing stupid graphs, don't worry). However, not at least having a textbook with required reading really is a disservice to your class. Your instructor is a dumbass who shouldn't be teaching if that's all your class was. Part of me says before you test again, you need to buy one and read it. Then read it again. Then review what is still weak and skim the rest.