Non Fire based EMS agencies wearing shorts

EMTJay

Forum Probie
Shorts would be nice in the hot & humid Houston heat, but I probably wouldn't wear them. The button up shirts we wear bother me more than pants.

Fox800

Forum Captain
Austin-Travis County EMS allows for shorts year-round. Most don't wear them...including myself.

medicdan

Forum Deputy Chief
Premium Member
Maybe it;s just me... but I dont want to be inside a nursing home or hospital (or even the seats in my ambulance), with all kinds of communicable diseases hanging around and have to worry about the lacs on my knees being a possible entry point. I'd rather keep the more protective gear on so I am protected when I need it than regret not wearing it after an exposure. Off call, or off duty, I couldn't care what my crews wear...

the_negro_puppy

Forum Asst. Chief
I wore shorts today (and its winter) :p Came in hander when doing a 15 minute stretcher carry from a mountain bike track. It definitely has its risks and hazards which I am prepared to take.^_^

ArcticKat

Forum Captain
Maybe it;s just me... but I dont want to be inside a nursing home or hospital (or even the seats in my ambulance), with all kinds of communicable diseases hanging around and have to worry about the lacs on my knees being a possible entry point. I'd rather keep the more protective gear on so I am protected when I need it than regret not wearing it after an exposure. Off call, or off duty, I couldn't care what my crews wear...

Really? If you're that worried about communicable diseases...you're in the wrong line of work.

usalsfyre

You have my stapler
Again, are people wearing vinyl pants?

Perception often plays a larger role than reality in resistance to new ideas.