NMETC Online Paramedic Program

itsgordon

Forum Probie
I've been throwing the idea around of attending NMETC's Online Paramedic Program. They seem to be pretty organized. I was wondering if anybody from New Jersey has taken their program before and if they were able to secure clinical locations in New Jersey to offset having to travel to Mass for clinical rotations. If anybody has done it before and can let me know it would be greatly appreciated.

PotatoMedic

Has no idea what I'm doing.
A person I work with is doing that program. He seems to like it. They do do online interactive lectures.

OP
OP
I

itsgordon

Forum Probie
Did he happen to get a clinical site that was close to home?

PotatoMedic

Has no idea what I'm doing.
I believe so. He is not at that point yet but I think he said he did get local sited.

gonefishing

Forum Deputy Chief
idk about these online programs. i wouldn't feel too at easy with my life in some ones hands that haven't had very much hands on training.
PowerPoints at home vs. A classroom I really don't see a difference. You have to do the same hours in the hospital and on an ambulance for contact hours just like you would in a brick and mortar school building.

OP
OP
I

itsgordon

Forum Probie
Update, I've applied to a local community college program. I'm awaiting to hear back to see if I'm approved for Sponsorship or not for the program.

hjscm

Forum Ride Along
i went through the school 2 years ago.i would say go for it if you have great work ethic. it is a tough class, there really is not much difference in online vs classroom learning. it is a live lecture and you participate like you are in class. it was a great experience and the instructors are extremely smart and know how to teach.