firescapes

Forum Crew Member
Just dropped into to say Hi to all you Gals and Guys...glad to be aboard...look forward to conversing with you...regards

Airwaygoddess

Forum Deputy Chief
Welcome!! So, how cold is it up in your neck of the woods?:)

Epi-do

I see dead people
Welcome to EMT Life! Can't wait to hear more from you.

Jon

Administrator
Community Leader
Welcome!!!

OP
OP
firescapes

firescapes

Forum Crew Member
cold

Hi there Airwaygoddess...yeah it gets cold up here...not too bad right now about 38degrees...mind you its damp and that's worst than the cold in the winter with all the snow....its much easier to heat the house when the snow is around and not so damp...I am a retired Fire Captain and now fulltime artist with my Fire & Ems art,...so the winters are good as I sit in my studio and create ,,,if you are interested in viewing my art check out my home page there is also a link there at the bottom to my fire art site...sign the guestbook if you like....whats the weather like in the winter where you are?...regards...Paul

Airwaygoddess

Forum Deputy Chief
I live Lompoc, Ca. (Central coast) I wish it would rain so evereything can get a drink of water! How cool is it to be able to paint and draw! If I am lucky, I can draw a straight line with a ruler!:p The weather is sunny during the day and just now starting to cool down in the evenings. I'm sure you would call that sweater weather!!^_^

EMTI&RESCUE

Forum Crew Member
Welcome aboard!!! Always good to have another member of our broad family :D.

Airwaygoddess

Forum Deputy Chief
Weather Report!

Hey Firescapes!! it is starting to get cold here, got down to 36 degrees last night!! ( some folks still call that sweater weather! :p ) Where is your web site? I would love to check it out! stay safe and happy post turkey day ^_^

OP
OP
firescapes

firescapes

Forum Crew Member
Hey ho I'm still here

Hi there 36 degrees this is weird you got the cold and we got the warm...55 degrees weird stuff happening on the planet....the brainchild(man) has really messed things up with Gaia!

Here is my websites so you can check out the art http://www.cafepress.com/firescapes that features my art on T's and collectibles...lots of Ems stufff and a fire gallery at http://www.firescapes.ca/ sign the book if you like....I saw a message at the top asking where I have been....I get pretty busy doing my art and cutting wood for the winter...but hey if this keeps up...won't need much wood....nice to hear from you TTYL Paul

Airwaygoddess

Forum Deputy Chief
Hey Paul!! I have seen your work on caffepress!! ^_^ Did you also create the ems "wings" shirt? stopped by on your website, makes me wish that I could draw!! Stay safe! :)

OP
OP
firescapes

firescapes

Forum Crew Member
EMsS Wings

Yeah! Airwaygoddess Thats my stuff...one of my creations...I did the wings sitting in a restaurant in the summer with my Grandson.As you see at http://www.cafepress.com/firescapes that design I have used on many different variations for the EMS Brothers and Sisters,and I'm happy to say the t-shirts are moving very well.Your'e right its great to be able to create as such...I'll be getting the brush to canvas during the winter and get some nice colorful Ems scenes done to ride alongside my Fire Art.Let me know if there is a custom image or something you would like put on a T or mug etc...I'd be more than happy to help you out...hope it gets warmer down there for you ,.so in the interim, take care, stay safe...nice hearing from you and everyone else...StaY SAFE!! Paul

OP
OP
firescapes

firescapes

Forum Crew Member
Welcome!!! I just joined too... Looking forward to talking with you more!

Hey Tami...nice to have you aboard...that's funny Im welcoming you and I only just joined this month too....you probably joined before me...TTYL Paul

CotWoman

Forum Crew Member
Nah - I just joined yesterday!! :) You have me beat!! LOL

I worked as an EMT for a short period of time in FLA - but it's been over year, and I am truly a case of rusty nuts and bolts... i think/know i have forgotten just about everything... agh...

OP
OP
firescapes

firescapes

Forum Crew Member
Hey Tami

Guess I do have you beat ...hey thats ok ...as far as you being rusty ..you would be surpised how much is really still in there....I have added a signature so that others don't need to ask for my website...thanx Airway Goddess you got me channeled that way...take care guys...Paul

CotWoman

Forum Crew Member
Guess I do have you beat ...hey thats ok ...as far as you being rusty ..you would be surpised how much is really still in there....I have added a signature so that others don't need to ask for my website...thanx Airway Goddess you got me channeled that way...take care guys...Paul

Hey Paul -

I hope so... I just found out that an ambulance service is hiring all shifts about 15 minutes from where I live... I am going to call them tomorrow for an application. See what I can get. My nerves are on edge because I don't have that much experience to begin with... Maybe a month's worth (long story short - my ex husband didn't want me to work as an EMT - he thought it was worthless).

OP
OP
firescapes

firescapes

Forum Crew Member
Hey Tami

Hey Tami....well I can see why your Ex is your Ex...please don't take what he thought personally...its only his own stuff(issues) ...any job where you help someone else is more than worthwhile...one of the best jobs on the planet...and hey! I can still say that after 25yrs and now retired. glad to hear about the hiring close by...go for it Gal!...I wish you all the best...keep me posted...regards Paul

OP
OP
firescapes

firescapes

Forum Crew Member
My Space

Its me again ..just flipped over to your(My space.com) I don't know anything about that but keep seeing it everywhere.on the internet Yours says its set for private viewing am I able to look around there?Would one of these my space things be good for me to get going in regards for driving more traffic to my art site(Hey! I'm still trying to learn about blogs....actually my son tells me I do really well with the computer stuff...afterall(Don't laugh) I come from the era of the invention of the ball point pen...pretty wild eh?I was in public school at the time in the 50's ...we were shown one of the new fangled contraptions but told they were not approved by the school board yet and had to still keep using our fountain pens.Any how..my point is.... being pre-computer I get around quite well...do my own websites and everything...but as you can tell...I'm still learning...ttyl Paul

CotWoman

Forum Crew Member
Hey Paul,

You would need to create a myspace page in order to see it. I have it set to private so my ex husband doesn't spy on me. LOL
It's really easy to create a page... once you do, you can send me a request to add you as a friend and then you will have access to my profile...

That goes to everyone - feel free to add me as a friend if you want too... :)

OP
OP
firescapes

firescapes

Forum Crew Member
My Space

Hey Tami thanx fo the info I'll check it out..regards...Paul