New to the community.

Stephen Matthew

Forum Ride Along
Hello, everyone. My name is Matthew and I am a new Paramedic from Birmingham, AL. I'm new to this level of licensure but not to EMS (started as EMT-B in 2011, AEMT in 2013 and NRP as of August 19th, 2016). I just wanted to say hello and to somewhat "break the ice." I hope this thread finds everyone well and having a good day!

VentMonkey

Family Guy
Hello, everyone. My name is Matthew and I am a new Paramedic from Birmingham, AL. I'm new to this level of licensure but not to EMS (started as EMT-B in 2011, AEMT in 2013 and NRP as of August 19th, 2016). I just wanted to say hello and to somewhat "break the ice." I hope this thread finds everyone well and having a good day!
Welcome! I am new here, too.

OP
OP
Stephen Matthew

Stephen Matthew

Forum Ride Along
Welcome! I am new here, too.
Right on! So.. first shift as Paramedic on a rig I have been working on for the past three years as an AEMT was yesterday. It just got real.. and real fast! Started off with a motorcycle accident at around 10am. That was the sesame seed bun on this on this EMS sandwich. A few "generalized weakness/symptom" calls in between.. and for the bottom bun. . dispatched to residence of 50 year old female complaining of difficulty breathing. Easy enough? Well sure.. but about 5 minutes away from the scene dispatch keys up and reports, "you now have a full arrest, cpr in progress." The rest is history.. history that we know all too well. Definitely more stressful than my first few calls as an EMT-B back in 2010. I think I'm somewhat broken in now. . . hope you all and yours have had a good weeken! :)