swampwolf

Forum Probie
Hi everyone,

Has anyone taken the new paramedic practical stations, such as the Out of Hospital Comprehensive, Oral, Static, and Dynamic Cardiology? I'm taking them in April, but I have yet to meet anyone who has been through them (they started in January, I believe.) Would you mind sharing your experiences? Thanks a million!

LaceyA

Forum Crew Member
My class started last Jan and we are testing April as well ... I have a friend who took it and passed no problem...

firefighter5678

Forum Probie
A classmate showed me some good videos of practicals on YouTube that may help you out. Not sure if they are the most current standards, but it might give you some good insight on the different stations.

NomadicMedic

I know a guy who knows a guy.
A classmate showed me some good videos of practicals on YouTube that may help you out. Not sure if they are the most current standards, but it might give you some good insight on the different stations.

That's bad advice. Sorry. Using outdated practical videos is a horrible idea.

Your program should adequately prepare you to pass the practical stations. Use the check off sheets to memorize the sequence and avoid the critical fails. The cardiology station's are simply. Static- identify the rhythm and state the treatment. Dynamic is the equivalent of a mega code. Rhythms change and you state the correct intervention. The "out of hospital" is a scenario in which you identify and voice treat the patient.

firefighter5678

Forum Probie
That's bad advice. Sorry. Using outdated practical videos is a horrible idea.

Your program should adequately prepare you to pass the practical stations. Use the check off sheets to memorize the sequence and avoid the critical fails. The cardiology station's are simply. Static- identify the rhythm and state the treatment. Dynamic is the equivalent of a mega code. Rhythms change and you state the correct intervention. The "out of hospital" is a scenario in which you identify and voice treat the patient.

I was saying that I wasn't sure if they are updated or not... Of course studying outdated videos is a terrible idea.