New medic jobs in FL. Help!

lbstack

Forum Probie
If anyone can help I'd really appreciate it! I live in Tampa, but willing to work anywhere from here down south to Naples.

I'm a new medic with no experience, i have my my AA and AS degrees. (Did all my schooling/training in Lee County, Fort Myers)

Advice? Suggestions? Companies? Volunteering? Anything helps. I feel like I'm losing it all. Also thinking about getting nationally certified.

waffleiron

Forum Probie
Sunstar Paramedics in Pinellas County is almost always hiring paramedics. They seem like a pretty good service. It's system status management but its necessary for them because they cover the whole county. Most of the towns in Pinellas county have FD based ALS ambulances, but Sunstar gets dispatched to every medical call as well and they will generally be the ones ending up transporting the patient. Website below.

http://www.sunstarems.com/
And it does look like they're hiring.

Also, some of the hospitals in Pinellas county employ paramedics in the ER. St. Pete General does, a lot of the Baycare hospitals do too. I don't know how they feel about no exp medics but it's worth looking into. Also, I think AMR does some stuff in Hillsborough county but I'm not sure.