New kid on the block

Paladin

Forum Crew Member
Hey everyone. I'm Rich, an EMT from North Jersey. I have in this field for about 2yrs but was a Navy Doc before that. Currently, I work for a big hospital based 911 and Special Operations service (HNH for the New Milford Guy) as well as other smaller town paid services. My plans are to go to Medic school soon and hopefully get certified.

I hope that I can learn as much as possible here as I can and have some fun.

Stay Safe

Paladin

BossyCow

Forum Deputy Chief
Hmmm rich? are you also single and good looking?

Jon

Administrator
Community Leader
Hi Rich! Welcome to EMTLife.com, where we put the fun in dysfunction!

I'm across the river and south a ways... in suburban Philadelphia, PA. I occasionally work for a transport service that is based out of Philly and Salem County NJ, but I usually stay in Philly and do special event standbys.

firecoins

IFT Puppet
Hey everyone. I'm Rich, an EMT from North Jersey. I have in this field for about 2yrs but was a Navy Doc before that. Currently, I work for a big hospital based 911 and Special Operations service (HNH for the New Milford Guy) as well as other smaller town paid services. My plans are to go to Medic school soon and hopefully get certified.

I hope that I can learn as much as possible here as I can and have some fun.

Stay Safe

Paladin

I suggest going into Manhattan and checking out St. Vincent's medic program. They cater to NJ residents. I am there now.

Airwaygoddess

Forum Deputy Chief
Welcome to the tribe!! :):):)

OP
OP
Paladin

Paladin

Forum Crew Member
Thanks for all the welcomes guys and gals.

Bossy: the answers are yes and define "good looking"

Firecoins: I was actually thinking of doing that to be perfectly honest. I used to go to college at John Jay across from St. Luke's Roosevelt. I am currently applying for my NY Basic Reciprocity because I have a friend trying to get me into Columbia Pres.

firecoins

IFT Puppet
Firecoins: I was actually thinking of doing that to be perfectly honest. I used to go to college at John Jay across from St. Luke's Roosevelt. I am currently applying for my NY Basic Reciprocity because I have a friend trying to get me into Columbia Pres.

Columbia is a good program. If you want to check out St. Vincent's for comparison, let me know. Evan if you don't, maybee you could come out drinking one night with the class.

OP
OP
Paladin

Paladin

Forum Crew Member
I am actually going to check both programs out. Do you actually need your NY card before entering the program or can you get away with a NJ cert? When you complete the programs, do you have an Associates Degree like NJ or just a certification?

Drinking you say? You just said the magic word of the day. :beerchug:

Last edited by a moderator:

firecoins

IFT Puppet
I am actually going to check both programs out. Do you actually need your NY card before entering the program or can you get away with a NJ cert? When you complete the programs, do you have an Associates Degree like NJ or just a certification?

Drinking you say? You just said the magic word of the day. :beerchug:

Both are hospital based programs, no associate's degree. You need the NY card because you do rotations in NY and the class ends in getting the NY test.

Tiffers

Forum Probie
Hello Everyone!
Im also a newbie to the forum AND pre-hospital care. I work in the ER of a level II trauma center here in northern california --with only UCDavis and UCSF beating us out of a more prestigous title :D I'm in the EMT basic program at a local college, plan on working on the rig for a few years while I'm waiting on getting into a nursing program somewhere. It all boils down to how long I'm able to successfully beat my head against the desk and wait... nice to meet you all though! :)

OP
OP
Paladin

Paladin

Forum Crew Member
Firecoins: I put the application in to SVC so I am waiting to hear on that since I have a friend I work with at the hospital who went there. I couldn't seem to find anything on the NYP program. Do you think you might have a link on some info?

firecoins

IFT Puppet
Firecoins: I put the application in to SVC so I am waiting to hear on that since I have a friend I work with at the hospital who went there. I couldn't seem to find anything on the NYP program. Do you think you might have a link on some info?

can't find it either. Ill ask around.

paramedix

Forum Lieutenant
Welcome...

At the end of the day we can all learn from each other. Hence, we "practice" or profession.