New ipad

piranah

Forum Captain
I like it....I'm on my friends right now and the user interface is fantastic....it even feels more natural to type on then a regular computer.....I feel like I'm in star trek.......any comments...or has anyone gotten one?

Shishkabob

Forum Chief
Seems just like a slightly bigger iphone with less capability than an actual computer.

OP
OP
piranah

piranah

Forum Captain
I will tell you that this is an amazing piece of machinery that I think along with my friends, will launch the future of computing technology..it is great. If you have a chance to play with one..do it, you won't regret it

Shishkabob

Forum Chief
That's the thing though, it has very little different between it and the Iphone. Heck, it uses the Iphone OS.

There is really nothing new about it. I has a screen 3x the size of an iphone, and a more powerful processor (which it darn well better if it is to be called a computer)

Nothing groundbreaking.

Motojunkie

Forum Lieutenant
My brother got one and it just seems overrated to me. It's cool and all, but it's more or less just a big iPod/iPhone. It has a lot of little "Apple widgets" that are fun but don't add anything to the usefulness of the device. I'm sorry, but I'm not going to blow $600 on it.

Dominion

Forum Asst. Chief
It's a supersized ipod touch. Can't even call it a supersized Iphone as it doesn't make phone calls and it doesn't have access to ATT (or other carriers) cellular internet by default.

Also:
No flash support
No multitasking
Closed completely, can't put anything on it without apples approval (unless you jailbreak it)
No camera for video confrencing or webcamming, etc.
It runs the iPhone/iTouch OS (seriously this device would have been OUT OF THIS WORLD if it ran OSX)
It's using a VERY old resolution format (1024x768)

It is not the revolution of computing, tablets ARE NOT new and the only leg up the iPad has on other tablets is it's touch abilities. Many of the things that would make the iPad useful are also the things that make it utterly useless. It took the iphone several years to get the ability to just copy and paste.

So no, the iPad isn't the revolutionary device everyone thinks it is. It's shiny and that's about it.

TransportJockey

Forum Chief
Meh, too overpriced. Not enough use. I'll take my netbook.

OP
OP
piranah

piranah

Forum Captain
idk..i like it..and i have an iphone i think the best thing is the internet browsing...

Fbarba123

Forum Lieutenant
The HP tablet is going to kill the ipad. You can multitask, has usb ports, connectable to hdtv.

How can you lose?

medichopeful

Flight RN/Paramedic
The HP tablet is going to kill the ipad. You can multitask, has usb ports, connectable to hdtv.

How can you lose?

It's HP, that's how :p

I kidd. I have no problem with HP, though I know of a few people who have.