New-Hire Scenarios

johnmedic

Forum Crew Member
I might be posting in the wrong location, but I did a search & could find what I'm looking for. My company is doing patient care scenarios for new-hire paramedics, anybody have any advice? We need an objective grading scale which is where I'm having trouble deciding which way to go. Any advice or examples would be appreciated!

UnkiEMT

Forum Truck Monkey
Premium Member
I might be posting in the wrong location, but I did a search & could find what I'm looking for. My company is doing patient care scenarios for new-hire paramedics, anybody have any advice? We need an objective grading scale which is where I'm having trouble deciding which way to go. Any advice or examples would be appreciated!

Steal the NREMT's system?

OnceAnEMT

Forum Asst. Chief
Steal the NREMT's system?

That's what I'd do. Go check out the NREMT skills, and notice the format and the way critical fail criteria works. Then just open up Excel and make your own, specific to the scenario. That said, the scenario itself needs to allow for consistent application and the objective measurement.

DesertMedic66

Forum Troll
Since it's for a company you may want to include local protocols into the scenarios.