New Hampshire Medics?

NomadicMedic

I know a guy who knows a guy.
Any NH medics here? I'm curious about Exeter Hospitals paramedic program.

OP
OP
NomadicMedic

NomadicMedic

Interesting. I actually talked to them a while ago when my wife and I were considering a move back north. They didn't have any full-time positions, just some PRN stuff. You work in the ER when you're not doing an ALS intercept.

I lived just outside Exeter over 25 years ago, and was an intermediate on the old Newmarket volunteer ambulance corps. The Exeter medics started about the same time. I always thought it would be a great place move back to and work as a medic. I'm a big fan of the "Live Free or Die" mentality.

Frisbe Hospital's medic service sounds like a decent service too.

EpiEMS

Forum Deputy Chief
That's a pretty nice looking service.

Quite the interesting idea on their website:
"Exeter Hospital is one of the first in New Hampshire to establish a “Rapid Response Team”. This team utilizes the Paramedics to assist “in-patients” in areas outside the emergency department when the patient has a sudden change in status. The Rapid Response Team concept is used in many forward thinking hospitals nationwide." [Underlining is mine]

OP
OP
NomadicMedic

NomadicMedic

That's a pretty nice looking service.

Quite the interesting idea on their website:
"Exeter Hospital is one of the first in New Hampshire to establish a “Rapid Response Team”. This team utilizes the Paramedics to assist “in-patients” in areas outside the emergency department when the patient has a sudden change in status. The Rapid Response Team concept is used in many forward thinking hospitals nationwide." [Underlining is mine]

Tacoma General (in Washington) had their ED medics on the rapid response team. I heard the medics there are being (or have already been) phased out due to strife with the Nurses union. Makes sense to me though.

VentMonkey

Family Guy
Interesting. I actually talked to them a while ago when my wife and I were considering a move back north. They didn't have any full-time positions, just some PRN stuff. You work in the ER when you're not doing an ALS intercept.

I lived just outside Exeter over 25 years ago, and was an intermediate on the old Newmarket volunteer ambulance corps. The Exeter medics started about the same time. I always thought it would be a great place move back to and work as a medic. I'm a big fan of the "Live Free or Die" mentality.

Frisbe Hospital's medic service sounds like a decent service too.
I am a big fan of the non-fire based ALS intercept concept, and would love to move to the east coast if I ever go back to full time ground work:).

EpiEMS

Forum Deputy Chief
Tacoma General (in Washington) had their ED medics on the rapid response team. I heard the medics there are being (or have already been) phased out due to strife with the Nurses union. Makes sense to me though.

Oof...that's irritating. I like the medics responding to RRT needs - they're perfect for it!

I am a big fan of the non-fire based ALS intercept concept, and would love to move to the east coast if I ever go back to full time ground work:).

It's the only good thing about NJ's system - hospital-based ALS intercepts. That is such a good way to run things on the ALS end.

NysEms2117

ex-Parole officer/EMT
hey hey!!! i hear NYS is calling your nameeee :p

NysEms2117

ex-Parole officer/EMT
I wish we had a list of all the ALS/non transport systems for comparison.
Im bored, for the whole state? or just a specific region, ill do some digging after i eat :)

VentMonkey

Family Guy
Lol autocorrect..."fugetaboutit!??"

NysEms2117

ex-Parole officer/EMT

NysEms2117

ex-Parole officer/EMT
Lol autocorrect..."fugetaboutit!??"

Yes you. Why!!! U can be my CC medic!!! It'll be fun! I promise

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tigger

Dodges Pucks
Community Leader
I wish we had a list of all the ALS/non transport systems for comparison.
Seems to be a declining trend in New England, or Massachusetts at least. Lots of the hospital programs closed up or started their own transport services.

VentMonkey

Family Guy
SCEMS has lactate meters too. :)
Yes you. Why!!! U can be my CC medic!!! It'll be fun! I promise
If I ever seriously contemplate returning to FT ground EMS work, I'd bee-line for SCEMS. By then our kids would be old enough to decide if they're coming or going.

A solid, established, county funded, pension having, non-transporting ALS service with solid protocols, and equipment. Not for nothing, but @DEmedic, and @chaz90 had me sold several years ago...unbeknownst to them.

I'd be all but done with the CCP level stuff and would be more than content running straightforward ALS work ups, occasional RSI's, giving treatments, dropping locks, and shooting the sh-t with folks...easy money.

OP
OP
NomadicMedic

NomadicMedic

The pension isn't a good as it was. Employees contribute 3% per year. But it's still pretty good.

chaz90

Community Leader
Community Leader
I'm glad you're looking at us. We could always use good people. I've actually had some outstanding ride alongs over the past few months that I'm hoping apply here during the next application cycle. If you can get used to Delaware and all that entails, I think it remains a great place to work.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk