New emt book

Bitty

Forum Ride Along
Has anyone have luck getting a good deal on the 10th edition of prehospital care? I ordered the 9th and cant believe how expensive it is. I was thinking of renting it over the semester through amazon but i highlight and take notes. Any suggestions?

MMiz

I put the M in EMTLife
Community Leader
College textbook prices are absurd, but you already know that.

I spent a lot of time highlighting my EMT textbook, so renting wouldn't have been a viable option for me.

Amazon has used copies from around $90.

Barnes and Noble has a copy for about $60, that's an option.

Good luck!

Qulevrius

Nationally Certified Wannabe
Has anyone have luck getting a good deal on the 10th edition of prehospital care? I ordered the 9th and cant believe how expensive it is. I was thinking of renting it over the semester through amazon but i highlight and take notes. Any suggestions?

Don't try getting the latest edition of the textbook, they're all the same with very few differences.

CALEMT

The Other Guy/ Paramaybe?
I ordered the 9th and cant believe how expensive it is.

Just wait till you start medic school and you have to buy a 11 separate books. Was not a fun day.

PotatoMedic

Has no idea what I'm doing.
Just wait till you start medic school and you have to buy a 11 separate books. Was not a fun day.
I only had 4 books. :p

CALEMT

The Other Guy/ Paramaybe?

ExpatMedic0

MS, NRP
I just bought the 5th edition of Brady's "Paramedic Care" (2016) series on Kindle for about 350 bucks, and I have been a paramedic for over ten years. I guess I am just a dork, but I like having an up to date reference around. For courses I don't care about I typically rent the digital versions of the textbook from Amazon, Google, Kno, Nook, or one of the many other online providers. Using this method I have saved over 80% off the MSRP in some instances.

PotatoMedic

PotatoMedic

PotatoMedic

That's funny since he was an editor for it.