(NEW) CT Statewide Protocols

EpiEMS

Forum Deputy Chief
My fellow CT and tri-state area providers!

Have any of you been made aware of the timeframe for the implementation of the CT statewide protocols?

Additionally, given that the new protocols mention the 2007 AEMT scopes, has anybody heard anything new (since the April 2015 memo) about the CT AEMT scope/continuation of the AEMT program?

NomadicMedic

I know a guy who knows a guy.
I'm curious about this. I was told that each sponsor hospital had their own protocols. Or this this just an AEMT thing?

OP
OP
EpiEMS

EpiEMS

Forum Deputy Chief
I'm curious about this. I was told that each sponsor hospital had their own protocols. Or this this just an AEMT thing?

My understanding is that each region has their own protocols -- and each sponsor hospital can have variations on those. The statewide protocols are a "new innovation" (i.e. NH and VT state protocols but a decade behind in scope of practice and implementation) intended as a baseline for the state as a whole, so sponsor hospitals, services, medical directors, etc. can have variances as needed.

As far as I know, AEMT scope in CT until now has been peripheral IV, clear fluids, PASG/MAST (obviously not used much anymore...) and in one region, Combitube.