Never will I compain again about a BLS transfer

lindsayn2

Forum Probie
While on our way back from a non-emergent transfer about 30 miles out of town my partner and I were counting down the hours until shift change. Six hours left of our 24hr. shift...YIPPY!!!! All the sudden we look over in the lane next to us on the highway we watched a car go off the right shoulder and over correct coming back straight at us while we were traveling in speeds of around 80mph. The car, driven by a intoxicated teenager broadsided our ambulance rolling us onto our side taking out 4 concrete barriers until we came to rest on our side. My partner was taken by ground ambulance to an area hospital and released later that morning. The driver of the other car was arrested on scene. I on the other hand got my punishment for every bad word I said about having to take a BLS transfer 2 counties in the middle of the night. I was flown to a trauma center 30 miles away and have been off work now for 7 weeks due to my injuries. I will have to say this was my most eventful BLS transfer and never again will I complain about my job. The moral to this story would be, cherish everyday you have with your family and friends. You never realize how quickly it can all be taken away from you until you find yourself in this situation.

rescuecpt

Community Leader Emeritus
Wow! I'm glad you're well enough to be posting that story... I hope you are feeling better and can get back to work soon!

ma2va92

Forum Lieutenant
WOW... that is one ride I hope I never take..... glade your here don't rush the healing.. sounds like you got knocked around a lot....keep us posted on how your doing.......

will keep you in the prayers...

Margaritaville

Forum Lieutenant
I wish you a speedy recovery. Glad that you are well enough to post. Try to enjoy your holiday. Many Blessings to you and your family. B)

SafetyPro2

Forum Safety Officer
Wow. Glad to hear you made it through OK. Wishing you and your partner a speedy and complete recovery.

ffemt8978

Forum Vice-Principal
Community Leader
:eek:

You and your partner are in all our our prayers for a speedy and complete recovery.

Chimpie

Site Administrator
Community Leader
Originally posted by ffemt8978@Dec 14 2004, 01:26 AM
:eek:

You and your partner are in all our our prayers for a speedy and complete recovery.
x2

MariaCatEMT

Forum Asst. Chief
I pray and hope for a quick and complete recovery for both you and your partner. I'm glad you both survived, and perhaps just once justice will have it's due with the driver (being drunk.....gah!). Thanks to the man upstairs, that you both are okay (that being a relative term...). Thanks, also, for the timely reminder as we all gear for the holidays that none of us are guaranteed (did I spell that right?....) tomorrow. Live each moment! Take care of yourself, and take it slow, you've earned your blood stripes, now it's time to take it easy and heal. I wish you (and your partner...) and your family a blessed Christmas.

MariaCatEMT

Forum Asst. Chief
By the way, seven weeks is a long time to be off work. Please let us know, here in the forum, how things are for you. If there is anything I can do to assist you in any way....the holidays are coming....and so is the long, cold winter....I would hate to see financial need be heaped upon you as well. I don't have much, but I would be more than happy to share with one of my EMS siblings.

MMiz

I put the M in EMTLife
Community Leader
lindsayn2,

Wow, you'll definitely be in my thoughts. I wish you a speedy recovery.

I'm glad you're here to post on the forums :)