NetFlix

MMiz

I put the M in EMTLife
Community Leader
I know a lot of people in EMS watch a lot of movies, and was wondering if anyone has tried out either NetFlix or Blockbuster Online.

Both give you a free month trial, and send you three DVDs at a time. You watch them at your leisure, and send them back. They send out the next three on your list. Blockbuster even gives you two coupons for free in-store rentals.

I've used both for a few months now, and blockbuster provides much faster service for me (though BlockBuster and NetFlix are both returned to distribution centers only a few miles away).

Anyone else use either service?

rescuecpt

Community Leader Emeritus
I heard a netflix ad on the radio the other day - I was surprised because at the end the little lawyer guy said "2 dvd's at a time, maximum 4 per month"... maybe it's a different plan? I always thought it was 3 at a time unlimited per month.

KEVD18

Forum Deputy Chief
netflix since it came out. only one time did i have a problem and they sorted it out right quick

OP
OP
MMiz

MMiz

I put the M in EMTLife
Community Leader
Generally we return movies only a day or two after we get 'em, so I'm guessing they're rate-limiting us. They admit to such practices, and also admit that newer members and those who rent less are first in line for the hard-to-get movies, so it seems we haven't been getting those lately. Generally it's a great service though, and definitely worth the fee.

Cpt, they're really known for their 3-at-a-time program, but to compete with Blockbuster and WalMart's cheeper services, they're being sneaky and throwing the price out there for the two-at-a-time, four a month program.

I like 'em though :)

emt3225

Forum Crew Member
Originally posted by MMiz@Apr 14 2005, 12:30 AM
I know a lot of people in EMS watch a lot of movies, and was wondering if anyone has tried out either NetFlix or Blockbuster Online.

Both give you a free month trial, and send you three DVDs at a time. You watch them at your leisure, and send them back. They send out the next three on your list. Blockbuster even gives you two coupons for free in-store rentals.

I've used both for a few months now, and blockbuster provides much faster service for me (though BlockBuster and NetFlix are both returned to distribution centers only a few miles away).

Anyone else use either service?
i have blockbuster online...really awsome...never any problems with them..i do believe that both these movie services offer the same thing, but netflix charges only $12 while blockbuster charges $15...enjoy :blink:

Jon

Administrator
Community Leader
I've had netflix for several months now. I love it. I drive by their distribution postal facility going to and from work, so I can drop off there and it will be in the box the next AM, no problem.

I've had a few movies go missing, and I've reported them, and gotten replacements, no problem.

Usually I get my movies within a 2-3 day turnaround.

I'm signing up to try blockbuster now...

Jon

OP
OP
MMiz

MMiz

I put the M in EMTLife
Community Leader
Jon,

Promotional Code word "friends" will give you a free month instead of just two weeks, I hope you didn't sign up yet!

CodeSurfer

Forum Captain
I really love the movies on demand from the cable company... we can control it all right there with our remote and it is probably less expensive since my bf and I barely have time to sleep let alone watch movies.