Needs new kicks

Noctis Lucis Caelum

Forum Lieutenant
Currently wanting to buy some comfortable working boots. Any suggestion on what brands and types?

ah2388

Forum Lieutenant
I have low top Bates boots, they fit just like tennis shoes and still provide a good amount of support, im a big guy and they are just high enough to provide good ankle support while still feeling like a tennis shoe

skivail

Forum Crew Member
Not sure if you can get them in the states, but converse makes some great ones.

lightsandsirens5

Forum Deputy Chief
Danner Striker GTX Side-Zip NMT. Hands down. I can run in them. Not as nice as runners, but still, for a boot to be comfortable enough to run in........

TransportJockey

Forum Chief
Not sure if you can get them in the states, but converse makes some great ones.

You can. I use 8" Converse side-zips. Great boots

Stew

Forum Crew Member
You can. I use 8" Converse side-zips. Great boots
You can't really get them over here anymore but I loved mine! I'll be picking some up next time I'm over there!

nomofica

Forum Asst. Chief
5.11 are beauts. I have the 5.11 XPRT Patrol boots. Amazingly comfortable, tough and durable, and look good too.

robbaN28

Forum Probie
5.11 are beauts. I have the 5.11 XPRT Patrol boots. Amazingly comfortable, tough and durable, and look good too.

I have their pants and I love the knee padding on them. I would get the XPRT Patrol boots if I had the money. But on the two boots that I showed; it looks like the only difference is the zipper which would be nice if I was a firefighter, but I'm not. Also, when I was doing ride alongs, I kept my boots on the whole time when I was with the Ambulance Service.

DaniGrrl

Forum Lieutenant
My husband is a cop and switched from 5.11 ATAC boots to Converse when he got his last boot voucher. He's really happy with the change. The 5.11s were great for the last two years, but he said the Converse are even better.

cookiexd40

Forum Crew Member
i love 5.11 ems pants but i refuse to wear any duty/station/ems boot other than these Haix airpower X1

Airpower_X1.jpg

Stew

Forum Crew Member
Sorry to hi-jack a little but generally what is the policy regarding EMS and boots with safety toes?
Service I'm with issues boots without safety toes, only way you get them is if you're working in an area with mining industry.

Currently issued Taipan emergency services boots (http://www.taipanfootwear.com/)

Pneumothorax

Forum Lieutenant
I have their pants and I love the knee padding on them. I would get the XPRT Patrol boots if I had the money. But on the two boots that I showed; it looks like the only difference is the zipper which would be nice if I was a firefighter, but I'm not. Also, when I was doing ride alongs, I kept my boots on the whole time when I was with the Ambulance Service.

i loveeee my 5.11 pants.. with the knee pads its really help when ur kneeling down on gravel twigs fish..?? who knows what.. lol

u keep ur boots on the whole time??... gotta air ur feet at out some point hahahah :p *j/k*

robbaN28

Forum Probie
i loveeee my 5.11 pants.. with the knee pads its really help when ur kneeling down on gravel twigs fish..?? who knows what.. lol

u keep ur boots on the whole time??... gotta air ur feet at out some point hahahah :p *j/k*

Yeah, some of the people in my EMT class got pants in town. They were $5 cheaper but no knee pads. I drove down to Longmont to get mine. I love the knee pads. I had knee pads in my construction pants in Sweden, so I knew that I would need them.
Yeah, there's been times when I feel really luck for having the padding there haha. With all the knee injuries I've had from hockey, I can really feel the gravel hitting my knee.
Yeah, I keep my boots on most of the time. But I'm thinking about getting the zipper boots, so that I'll be able to take them off.