Need an explaination on NREMT recertification hours

mdwatkins13

Emergency Medical Technician
Hello, I've been very confused by my NREMT recertification process. Just had some questions.
1. I completed my EMT 24hr transition course to go from an EMT Basic to a EMT and filled out the NREMT online application stating it was complete. But there is no place to show the proof of certification, how do they know I actually took the class? It seems the only thing you have to do is put "yes" that you did it. How do I give the NREMT the proof that I took the class?
2. The 24 hr EMT Refresher course I also took online at http://hazmatstudent.otsystems.net/online-courses/24-Hour-EMT-Refresher-Online.asp and called them before paying and taking the class to ask if I took this online course would the NREMT accept the class? HAZMATSTUDENT stated that if i took the class that the NREMT would accept the class because it is state approved. But now I am reading on https://www.emtfiretraining.com/amember4/product/24_EMT_Refresher that only 10 hrs of CE will be accepted online and 14 hrs have to be done through live instruction. So my question, Is hazmatstudent 24hr refresher done completely online with no F5 going to be accepted by NREMT?
3. I was also wondering if anyone could explain to me the exact rules of the F5 and F3, I read on NREMT website and EMTFIRETRAINING website but it still seems confusing. Especially since now apparently you can use the 24 hr transition courses for both the transition portion of NREMT and the 48 HRS of CE portion. I just wanted to know where a good place to go to get the 48 HRS of CE that will be accepted by NREMT and a good explaination of what they will and will not accept.
I have tried to read and look up other forum posts on this topic but their surprisingly was nothing when I searched for topics like, "NREMT recertification hours", "How to recertify as an EMT". Any help would be great, thank you so much.

Never2Old

Forum Crew Member
This is your best bet ... Call National Registry
Monday through Friday - 8:30 am to 5:00 pm Eastern Time
Contact Information
Telephone: 1-614-888-4484
Fax: 1-614-888-8920