Need 50 backboards

Chimpie

Site Administrator
Community Leader
So lets say I need 50 backboards. Good backboards, but need to be very inexpensive. Nothing special.

What brand should I use and where should I purchase from?

Jon

Administrator
Community Leader
Pro-Lite has good plactic boards availible in quanities of 25...

otherwise, coffee tables (wooden backboards) are good for MCI use...

Jon

Margaritaville

Forum Lieutenant
Chimpie,

We just got 500 BB's from a federal grant. They are cardboard - rated for 300 pounds and come with a head blocking system and thier own strap system. They are also flat for storage and in shrink wrap until needed. PM me if you need more info.

Margaritaville

asysin2leads

Forum Crew Member
Originally posted by Margaritaville@Aug 17 2005, 09:10 PM
Chimpie,

We just got 500 BB's from a federal grant. They are cardboard - rated for 300 pounds and come with a head blocking system and thier own strap system. They are also flat for storage and in shrink wrap until needed. PM me if you need more info.

Margaritaville
Cardboard backboards? That sounds like a really bad practical joke.

ffemt8978

Forum Vice-Principal
Community Leader
Originally posted by asysin2leads+Aug 17 2005, 10:29 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (asysin2leads @ Aug 17 2005, 10:29 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Margaritaville@Aug 17 2005, 09:10 PM
Chimpie,

Margaritaville
Cardboard backboards? That sounds like a really bad practical joke. [/b][/quote]
Especially in Florida, which we all know has the driest weather anywhere. ;)

Firechic

Forum Lieutenant
The cardboard is covered with a wax to prevent it from breaking down immediately due to water. It is only used one time. We carry them on our trauma truck for MCIs (plane crashes).
Not too fancy, but it gets the job done!

MMiz

I put the M in EMTLife
Community Leader
I've seen those cardboard ones and they're a neat concept.

I just can't seem them being practical though. We have a MCI trailer thats been sitting for years without use. It gets checked out and cleaned every few months, but generally we don't use the supplies in it. I can see a cardboard backboard having problems standing the test of time.

I hate to say it, but I would think Galls, BuyEMP, or any of those large places would probably be a good bet. They buy in such huge quantity and usually pass along the savings.

MMiz

I put the M in EMTLife
Community Leader
Galls has the Dyna Med® Multipurpose Spine Board for $89.00. It holds 500 lbs. I can't see how you can go wrong.

Jon

Administrator
Community Leader
The cardboard ones come in platic wrap until needed, and then fold into a design that supports a large amount of weight.

They are 1-time-use ithings... and make sense for an MCI truck, as they will sit forever without being used...

Jon