NBC Series: Trauma

fast65

Doogie Howser FP-C
Just saw a trailer for a new NBC series called Trauma last night. It doesn't look like it's going to be horrible, but we'll have to wait and see. What do you guys think?

http://www.nbc.com/trauma/

kecpercussion

Forum Lieutenant
It looks good, but it's like EMS on steroids...i saw the preview before i saw funny people...I saw one scene with two paramedics and one wasn't wearing gloves :wacko:

BSI BSI BSI!!!!

OP
OP
fast65

fast65

Doogie Howser FP-C
Sorry, I didn't realize that. I should have searched before I made another thread about it. :/

WuLabsWuTecH

Forum Deputy Chief
I have a feeling they will only get interesting calls and no BS calls... Everything will be a trauma or arrest!

OP
OP
fast65

fast65

Doogie Howser FP-C
I have a feeling they will only get interesting calls and no BS calls... Everything will be a trauma or arrest!
wait...you mean not every call is interesting? why the hell am I an EMT, dammit! :p+

I have a feeling it's just gonna be a lot of explosions and people yelling "come on! stay with me!"

Last edited by a moderator:

Shishkabob

Forum Chief
CLEAR!!! (
6cc8d76cae7e46f2
)

Inserted...^_^

Cory

Forum Captain
It looks fun to watch, bt as has been said, according to everything I know about day-to-day EMS, it looks very dramatic. Like the "ER" of EMS.

Dominion

Forum Asst. Chief
I might try and watch an episode or two. The previews make me cringe. It'll be a good drama but like all good dramas it'll be entirely inaccurate. I'm preparing for the influx of people who want to run away from exploding helicopters :p

Cory

Forum Captain
Yeah, from the preview I have seen, there have been at least 3 helicopter crashes already, and a meltdown :p

usafmedic45

Forum Deputy Chief
Where have you been? LifeFLight and MedEvac choppers crash ALL THE TIME!!!
That's not even funny. I hope you did not mean that as a joke or to be snide. A lot of us have lost a lot of friends in crashes and don't take the subject lightly.

usafmedic45

Forum Deputy Chief
And someone here was actually in a crashed HEMS chopper.
Correct....I always forget about Mike's presence on the forum (or at least his background).

Sasha

Forum Chief
That's not even funny. I hope you did not mean that as a joke or to be snide. A lot of us have lost a lot of friends in crashes and don't take the subject lightly.

I don't think (or hope not, and will give him the benefit of the doubt.) that he was joking. That may be the only semi accurate potrayal in that show. Helicopters seem to be crashing frequently and it's very dangerous. If anything comments like that should have ground personnel think about why they are calling the flight crew and putting their lives in danger. Is it for something that coulda woulda shoulda gone by ground?