Naw! That didn't happen!

Status
Not open for further replies.

RedBlanketRunner

Opheophagus Hannah Cuddler
The tail of a small airplane was spotted on the beach beyond the end of the runway. The tide had come and gone and the plane was over half buried in the sand. An assortment of response crews were called in and eventually a backhoe. We managed to get the plane dug out as the tide was coming back in. Pilot DaS.
FAA report a few weeks later came out both fuel tanks were empty. Pilot had apparently forgot to fuel up.

CHP evidence camera picture circulated in the ER. 1960s muscle car. View of dash board and front floor clearly visible. Beer cans littered the floor. Several had burst open upon impact with the dash. The speedometer needle was nailed in, showing the speed at impact with, yes another bridge abutment, about 95 mph. The driver of the vehicle was walking wounded, minor concussion and extremely intoxicated.

A triangle of verge about 100 feet on each side at a freeway interchange. Upside down in about the exact center of the triangle was a vehicle. No tire tracks led up to it. CHP had no clue how it got there. Either it flew off the overpass or rolled to that position. No occupants. Vehicle had been stolen.

Arroyo Parkway near the entrance to the notorious Pasadena freeway. A tow service put out the wreck of the day/week/month at the front of their lot in plain view of the parkway as a reminder to traffic to slow down. One such wreck was place in the display spot. It was in two pieces. Completely mangled balls of metal. I worked across the street at the time. We got to discussing what make and model vehicle is was. I went across the street and examined. Walked all around it. Nada. Could not tell. I asked. The tow company said they were keeping it a secret for the time being. Two weeks later they let the word out: 1967 Camaro.

CDF responded to a vehicle fire up on a remote highway. A Porsche, engine compartment open, engine burning, facing the side of the road. They hit the surrounding burning brush and then the engine with a water stream. The engine promptly exploded and the car leapt off the cliff.

FD responded to a grass fire. Parked off the side of the highway was a pick-up truck, the grass around it burning and a jet of flame shooting straight up 10-20 feet into the air coming from the middle of the bed. They put out the grass fire. The flame jet receded as then turned the hose on the bed of the truck. A sudden explosion and they both went flat on the ground. They got up and cautiously finished putting out the fire. Hose off then a metallic BONG sound. A milk can bounced on the ground a few feet away. Examining they guessed the can had been filled with gasoline. Guesstimate figured the can was airborne 30 seconds to 1 minute.

Picked up my home phone. Hello? "THERE'S A TREE IN THE MIDDLE OF MY HOUSE!" Click. Person hung up. Now who was that?

Last edited:

CCCSD

Forum Deputy Chief
Wow...just...wow...

ffemt8978

Forum Vice-Principal
Community Leader
Thread closed since none of these stories are EMS related.

Status
Not open for further replies.