National Registry of EMT annual report

Status
Not open for further replies.

ChrisCon89

Forum Crew Member
So I just checked out the first time pass rate for the NR. The Statistics say that Massachusetts has the worst first time pass rate in the last three years for EMT-B. it's not like Mass has the most educated people in the country or anything but is it possible that NR is more difficult in Mass then in other states. Maybe the teaching is different or they would like to make sure their EMTs are the most qualified. I'm just having a hard time believing that most people down South are more component than Emt students on the East coast.

NysEms2117

ex-Parole officer/EMT
it's not like Mass has the most educated people in the country or anything but is it possible that NR is more difficult in Mass then in other states. Maybe the teaching is different or they would like to make sure their EMTs are the most qualified. I'm just having a hard time believing that most people down South are more component than Emt students on the East coast.
I think it would have something to do with curriculum content. It goes along the lines of being taught 1 of 2 ways: "how to survive in the real world" or "how to pass the test with flying colors".. The really good teachers mix both, and you get a good EMT class. I also think that it has something to do with the notion of "know 3/4 ish of what your doing and we will pass you" Which im personally a firm disbeliever in, raise that to 85-90%!

OP
OP
ChrisCon89

ChrisCon89

Forum Crew Member
I think it would have something to do with curriculum content. It goes along the lines of being taught 1 of 2 ways: "how to survive in the real world" or "how to pass the test with flying colors".. The really good teachers mix both, and you get a good EMT class. I also think that it has something to do with the notion of "know 3/4 ish of what your doing and we will pass you" Which im personally a firm disbeliever in, raise that to 85-90%!
Do you think it would matter if I took the NR in a different state, one with a better pass rate?

NysEms2117

ex-Parole officer/EMT
Do you think it would matter if I took the NR in a different state, one with a better pass rate?
Not in the slightest :p. I think it MIGHT, ever so slightly benefit you to take a class in a state with a higher pass rate.. Maybe.. Its not like they say "your from Nj or NY we will let you pass, but fk the person from SC or NC", thats not how it works ;)

chaz90

Community Leader
Community Leader
Well. Enough of that. I don't believe this thread will be unlocked again.

Thread has been cleaned up.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.