NASCAR's new deal with AMR

DesertMedic66

Forum Troll
NASCAR events are a huge beast to deal with so it only makes sense to have a deal/agreement. It's a lot more easy to have a single company deal with the logistics then really on several companies who have different standards.

OP
OP
N

Nick15

Forum Crew Member
I was reading some of the comments on the Facebook page and people were upset about why they can't do what Indy car does and have a traveling medical team. I think it'd be harder to have that mostly because you can't hold the medical staff to the same level as the drivers. The teams are out on the road for I think 40 weeks out of the year. Indy car is a little easier since they're out for only like 16-18 weeks out of the year.
I'd mostly be curious though as to how any team of medical staff can travel when every state and county has completely different protocols from the other one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

EpiEMS

Forum Deputy Chief
Seems reasonable for NASCAR to contract out AMR...or somebody of that scale. After all, FEMA does it, and considering how big those events can be (and that they're all over), why not have a big (national) business handle things?

I'd certainly rather have a contractor handle this than bring it in house, for what it's worth.

CALEMT

The Other Guy/ Paramaybe?
What do you all think of this business agreement?

I think redneck paramedics and EMT's that work for AMR rejoice across the country.

DesertMedic66

Forum Troll
The EVOC training should be pretty easy. Just turn left and go really fast. Don't worry about turning any other direction or that other foot pedal next to the gas pedal.

StCEMT

Forum Deputy Chief
I think redneck paramedics and EMT's that work for AMR rejoice across the country.
Except when we work in places with no track. Kinda out of luck. Not that I care about NASCAR, but I would get to be among my people.

SandpitMedic

Crowd pleaser

NPO

Forum Deputy Chief
I think having AMR handle it is the only option that make sense. As long as they lock AMR into it. None of this "the medics didn't show up" nonsense like we saw with the NHL recently.

Having several contracted providers across the country is just messy, and AMR is the only one big enough to do it country wide.

I did a standby for a week two years in a row for one of the Indy Car races, but they indeed bring their own medical teams. It was a mess. Each team or series had their own medical team. The actual Indy team had an orthopedic surgeon, a neurosurgeon, and 2 firefighter/paramedics. Then we had 6 ambualnces positioned around the track, each with one EMT, a paramedic, and a paramedic from some organization in Florida that provides the paramedics for the events. It was a cluster. We had a slimmed down scope of practice (which for LA County, isn't saying much...) and aren't allowed much autonomy. Then if we transported, we transported to either A) Trauma Center B) Medical Building staffed with our CCT-RNs and EMTs, or C) Long Beach FD at the gate if it was not a race team member.

I brought my camera since we didn't do anything.
Pictures because everyone likes pictures.

The orange pickup had the FF/Medics and the MDs

f1ef53f4f6dfe41dfbbc9411f9401b04.jpg

e7ecb50bd84a1f4b5a1af692d2e88e9f.jpg

76833c93ef3ac8d5f85800eab3c6ebaf.jpg

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

VentMonkey

Family Guy
I think having AMR handle it is the only option that make sense. As long as they lock AMR into it. None of this "the medics didn't show up" nonsense like we saw with the NHL recently.

Having several contracted providers across the country is just messy, and AMR is the only one big enough to do it country wide.

I did a standby for a week two years in a row for one of the Indy Car races, but they indeed bring their own medical teams. It was a mess. Each team or series had their own medical team. The actual Indy team had an orthopedic surgeon, a neurosurgeon, and 2 firefighter/paramedics. Then we had 6 ambualnces positioned around the track, each with one EMT, a paramedic, and a paramedic from some organization in Florida that provides the paramedics for the events. It was a cluster. We had a slimmed down scope of practice (which for LA County, isn't saying much...) and aren't allowed much autonomy.

I brought my camera since we didn't do anything.
Pictures because everyone likes pictures.

The orange pickup had the FF/Medics and the MDs

f1ef53f4f6dfe41dfbbc9411f9401b04.jpg

e7ecb50bd84a1f4b5a1af692d2e88e9f.jpg

76833c93ef3ac8d5f85800eab3c6ebaf.jpg

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk
LB Grand Prix? Your pics are impressive, where's the ones of our helicopter? I know you're holding...

CALEMT

Like a phantom of the night, mwuhuhuhaaa...

Better start pressurizing that cabin or provide oxygen masks. I think the altitude is getting to your head.

VentMonkey

Family Guy
Better start pressurizing that cabin or provide oxygen masks. I think the altitude is getting to your head.
Nah, I've always been full of hot air, this is nothing new.

CALEMT