NAEMT or AHA training center

NomadicMedic

I know a guy who knows a guy.
I'm looking for somebody who has gone through the process of becoming a training center for either NAEMT or AHA.

I have a few questions for you.

STXmedic

Forum Burnout
Premium Member
I'm an NAEMT site coordinator. Haven't done AHA yet, though. They have to have a need in an area, which my area doesn't have.

EpiEMS

Forum Deputy Chief
They have to have a need in an area, which my area doesn't have.
A need? Sounds like an interesting way of keeping their pricing up...

STXmedic

Forum Burnout
Premium Member
Yup. Its quite frustrating, too. Our business could benefit from having the ability to put on BLS/CPR classes. ASHI is okay for certain circles, but many are AHA die-hards.

OP
OP
NomadicMedic

NomadicMedic

@STXmedic, can you tell me the responsibility of the medical director? I've got a few more questions, that I'll PM, if thats okay.

DrParasite

The fire extinguisher is not just for show
we are going through the process to become an AHA site... but it doesn't look like we will be able to, because of our area seems to be inundated with TCs, and we don't run enough ALS level courses to qualify.

STXmedic

Forum Burnout
Premium Member
@STXmedic, can you tell me the responsibility of the medical director? I've got a few more questions, that I'll PM, if thats okay.
They're just there for your typical medical oversight. According to NAEMT, they are ideally involved in lecturing as well, but I've yet to see that happen. Ours is very hands-off and really isn't involved at all. We do pay him (a percentage of EOY profits), but more for his medical direction for our company, which includes much more than just the NAEMT classes.

And absolutely- shoot me any questions you have.

fullcodecpr

Forum Ride Along
Hit me up but just so you know if in California AHA doesn't accept new training centers you would need to align with a training center and be a training site.

NAEMT depends is interesting the whole process but you will need to have a physician aligned with the program they can be from any state .

Finding a medical director is typically the hardest for a NAEMT prospect

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
NomadicMedic

NomadicMedic

Just a follow up, I'm aligned with a TC for AHA and can teach the full slate of their offerings.

NAEMT is a little more difficult, but I have a medical director. Getting past the good ol boys at the regional level is proving harder.

FF-EMT Diver

Forum Captain
Nomad, who is holding you up at the regional level? PM if you'd like.

I'm just seeing this thread.

Sent from my XT1565 using Tapatalk

fullcodecpr

Forum Ride Along
Just a follow up, I'm aligned with a TC for AHA and can teach the full slate of their offerings.

NAEMT is a little more difficult, but I have a medical director. Getting past the good ol boys at the regional level is proving harder.

Yeah with a lot of programs that popped up over the last few years especially on the tactical side of the NAEMT they are trying to ensure the right people are teaching. Talked to a couple instructor trainers and they were telling me people get the instructor cert but then start teaching off topic.

Even with the AHA they are trying to hit California harder as I know they have shut down a few TC and TS in Northern California

fullcodecpr

Forum Ride Along

Yeah with a lot of programs that popped up over the last few years especially on the tactical side of the NAEMT they are trying to ensure the right people are teaching. Talked to a couple instructor trainers and they were telling me people get the instructor cert but then start teaching off topic.

Even with the AHA they are trying to hit California harder as I know they have shut down a few TC and TS in Northern California

OP
OP
NomadicMedic

NomadicMedic

I've seen a fair amount of teaching off the grid. It's frustrating that the program turns into a war story ego fest.