My medical experience and education so far.

Paul Olivares

Forum Ride Along
So far, I have little to no medical experience. But relatively speaking. I have much time on my hands.

I've worked at a well renowned hospital in the County of Los Angeles in Environmental Services. That was awesome! Since my job was to help maintain a sterile environment through out the hospital, I got to see alot of cool stuff. From the E.R. to L&D to the ICU & NICU to the Cath Lab to the pharmacy and even had access to the winter room. Yeah, allot of stuff is happening in a hospital and it gets pretty crazy.

From my experience at a hospital, I went to through my EMT training course twice! My father had an AMI in the last portion of the class. So I had to retake it in the spring. Anyways, now I'm studying to take the NREMT soon.

What's your journey been like so far?

E tank

Caution: Paralyzing Agent
1984-1988 pvt 911/IFT EMT on ALS and BLS systems, Marin county, Alameda county, San Francisco county, CA, 1988-1990 ICU nurse UCSF, 1991-1993 trauma nurse, MICN Highland-Alameda county medical center, 1993-present anesthesia training and practice, New England to PCNW.