My first accident...hopefully my last.

jordanfstop

Forum Lieutenant
this is why when an ambulance is behind you, you pull to the right of the road, and not to the left...into the ambulance. thank GOD a police car saw the entire thing and ticketed the other guy for 'failure to yield.' only 30mph (speed limit) can do this to your rig..

l_5bdebcea0cf44d238dd862b9ec712de9.jpg

(we were both going southbound and i went to pass the blue car on the left when they came to a complete stop..once i got nearly around the blue car they decided to move to the left, not to the right.)

my partner and i walked out without injury. the other driver had a laceration to the head.

Last edited by a moderator:

firecoins

IFT Puppet
I was told that was you. I heard about it while working at Nyack later that night. Glad your okay.

OP
OP
jordanfstop

jordanfstop

Forum Lieutenant
I was told that was you. I heard about it while working at Nyack later that night. Glad your okay.

Yeah, word got around Rockland pretty quickly about that one. I had about five people call me within ten minutes of it happening...

MMiz

I put the M in EMTLife
Community Leader
It happens. Thankfully no one was hurt!

stephenrb81

Forum Lieutenant
Awsome that a cop saw everything. That failure to yield ticket may help with the insurance-itis the driver will probably develop

Glad you guys are ok

emtashleyb

Forum Crew Member
holy crap. Im glad your okay. However they need to show things like this in drivers ed classes, "Class this is why you always yield to an emergency vehicle and never get in their way your car will look like this"

Ridryder911

EMS Guru
Glad your okay. Ironically, we had a unit involved in a very similar accident last week. The other driver busted through the intersection at 60 mph. Fortunately, the crews are okay and really did not do as much as damge to the unit as one would predict. Our first accident in a long time...

R/r 911

firecoins

IFT Puppet
Yeah, word got around Rockland pretty quickly about that one. I had about five people call me within ten minutes of it happening...

I am sure when i show up at my job in Westchester, they will know about it.

mycrofft

Still crazy but elsewhere
Whoa Nellie!

How did your installed equipment fare (O2, litter latch, seats, etc)?
Try having a car freeze in front of you as you enter the intersection.
On second thought, belay that.
Glad you're ok!

emt19723

Forum Lieutenant
glad you guys are all right! stay safe out there!!

OP
OP
jordanfstop

jordanfstop

Forum Lieutenant
How did your installed equipment fare (O2, litter latch, seats, etc)?
Try having a car freeze in front of you as you enter the intersection.
On second thought, belay that.
Glad you're ok!

Everything besides the body/frame damage held up pretty well. We're good about securing anything that can fly around in the back.

The box might have gotten warped slightly though. After the accident I tried to go into the back and the load doors wouldn't open.

tydek07

Forum Captain
Things like this happen. There is no way around them. Just be glad that no one was seriously hurt.