My Book 'The Boy in my Garden'

enjoynz

Lady Enjoynz
Hi All

After a few years, I've finally got the book I was writing published.
There are a number of you that know about it, so I thought I'd let you know it is now for sale, if you are interested in reading it.
It has nothing to do with EMS, although it has a few medical scenario's (so to speak),
as it is a story set in England in the 1880's about the life of an Earl's daughter and a Ships Surgeon.

This link is a scan of the book cover.
http://i43.tinypic.com/qrdov9.jpg

The synopsis(blurb on the back cover) reads as follows:

Lady Isabel wanted for nothing in her younger years.
As a daughter of an Earl and Countess, she had a privileged upbringing.
All of this was to change with the death of her mother in the late 1870s, when Isabel was only sixteen.
The Earl, from then on, would not let her out of his sight, in fear of losing the only precious thing left in his life.
All normal events at the manor ceased. No more balls or hunts. Lady Isabel was even forbidden to ride her own horse.
She felt isolated and alone, since she only had the servants within the walls of the manor to talk to.

The story begins on one fine spring morning as she is finally free of her prison to go and walk in her garden.
It is here, that Isabel meets James, a new servant boy of her own age.
He seems different than anyone she has met before.
He is kind and understanding, having lost his own mother at birth. Isabel warms to him quickly, enjoying his company each fine day in her garden.
This union does not last long though, once the Earl discovers their friendship.

The boy is banished from Blackburn Estate and Isabel is sent to live with her grumpy aunt at Winton House in the North of England.
Isabel does not only have to deal with the loss of her one true friend and a disagreeable aunt, she also has to look out for a future foe, who taunts her relentlessly.
Will she ever again find the happiness that she shared with the boy in her garden?

I have sent up a Paypal account and have already sent books off to Canada and the USA...so if you'd like a copy...please Private Meassage me and we'll go from there!

Thanks for you support!
Cheers Joy

Chimpie

Site Administrator
Community Leader
Congratulations on getting the book published!

OP
OP
enjoynz

enjoynz

Lady Enjoynz
Congratulations on getting the book published!

Thanks Chimpie...it's actually 'Self Published'..hence why I'm promoting the sales!
Everyone that has read it so far, has said it is 'great' and a 'very descriptive' easy book to read. Which is all I was hoping for really.:cool:
A local newspaper is going to run an article about me and the book...so here is hoping the sales go well!

I'm about a 3rd of the way through writing my second novel!

Cheers Joy

firetender

Community Leader Emeritus
Good work, Kiddo!

Is this a self-publish like you're the only one that has hard copies or was it a POD publisher where ordering outlets like Amazon and the like get the book printed one at a time and sent out? Print on Demand. If so, who handled it; just curious.

OP
OP
enjoynz

enjoynz

Lady Enjoynz
Is this a self-publish like you're the only one that has hard copies or was it a POD publisher where ordering outlets like Amazon and the like get the book printed one at a time and sent out? Print on Demand. If so, who handled it; just curious.

Yes..I'm the only one with the hard copies. A digital printing company in New Zealand printed my books.
I may will look at something like Amazon down the track...re online books (It does say they only pay into American bank accounts from what I could see, which I don't have).
I haven't checked the paypal side of things there as yet though.
I have had a nosey at their books online system...you get about .99US$ per download from what I could work out.

OP
OP
enjoynz

enjoynz

Lady Enjoynz
Over 400 views and no orders from any of you yet?
The books are going well here and I've just had to get some more printed.
I've had one Emtlife friend order my book, he lives in ND (although it was from facebook) and he is enjoying reading it.
So don't be shy...not many people can say they own a personally autographed novel, which I'm more than happy to do for you!

Cheers Joy

OP
OP
enjoynz

enjoynz

Lady Enjoynz
Thank you to the EMTlife member who has purchased my book.... :) Nice to know I haven't been forgot. The book is winging its way to the good old U S of A as I type this post! I hope you enjoy reading it as much as I have enjoyed writing it!

Cheers Joy