Mt. Laguna Fire Department

emtstudent04

Forum Lieutenant
Hey guys, I just got a phone call today from Mt Laguna Fire Dpt. it's a volunteer department which is something that doesn't bother me because it's experience. Anyways i was wondering if anyone knew how hard the PAT test is or if it's really not to difficult. I have my PAT test Saturday. Thanks guys.

Level1pedstech

Forum Captain
I assume that since your invited to the PAT that you have begun the process of becoming a member. You should have already done a station visit or at least sat in on one or two drills. You need to introduce yourself and start asking questions the only way to be sure your getting accurate information is to go straight to the source. Station visits will also help you to become familiar with the departments culture and how things work. I like to see that a volunteer department is running prospective members through a PAT.

After I sent off this post I found Mt Laguna's web site and the information on the PAT is on the front page,good luck!

Last edited by a moderator:

thatJeffguy

Forum Lieutenant
Are you in good shape?

I wouldn't even worry about a PAT, really. I stay in shape not for a job but for my health.

If you aren't sure you can perform well for the test how do you feel about performing possibly life-saving maneuvers in the field?

Level1pedstech

Forum Captain
Its a very basic PAT designed to weed out the perspective members that are in the worse shape. I thought the CPAT was a watered down test but this one makes the CPAT look like a challenge. They really need to bring back the biddle or at least a test thats a little more of a gauge of what you might expect on the fire ground, at least thats my opinion.