Moving to texas

klong707

Forum Probie
I'm looking to move from California to Texas I was offered a job at Etmc Waco but I can't find much info on how the system works or even if it's a good place to work.

If anyone has worked there before pls shed some light or if there are better paying companies that treat there employees well pls let me know

Etmc pays 41500 in Waco I'm not even sure if that a good wage in Texas

Thanks

luke_31

Forum Asst. Chief
Going from California to Texas that salary isn't too bad. I don't know that area or system but I've been to Texas and it's a lot cheaper than California.

RocketMedic

Californian, Lost in Texas
It is a decent system. Protocols similar to Kern County. The pay is middle middle class. Lots of ot available. No state taxes. Decent area. Lots of big cities close. Lots of alternate ems employers too.

RocketMedic

Californian, Lost in Texas
I make more in Texas than I ever could have in Oklahoma

Chewy20

Forum Deputy Chief
I'm looking to move from California to Texas I was offered a job at Etmc Waco but I can't find much info on how the system works or even if it's a good place to work.

If anyone has worked there before pls shed some light or if there are better paying companies that treat there employees well pls let me know

Etmc pays 41500 in Waco I'm not even sure if that a good wage in Texas

Thanks

You will have zero issues making 41k and living in Waco. Pretty freaking cheap up there. Also as rocket said, no state income tax is nice. Just use Zillow to check out houses for rent. Not familiar with the system though.

RScott

Forum Probie
I don't know the system, but I grew up in Waco. I second what folks have said about 41k. That will go a long way there. Depending on where you're coming from in California you may be in for a little culture shock.

COmedic17

Forum Asst. Chief
Colorado. Which in terms of living expense- is becoming the next California.

Down south (the springs, pueblo, etc) isn't too bad, but anything north of that is outrageous.

My 2 bedroom is around 1400 without any utilities.

Drax

Forum Captain
Low 40's in Central Texas is a very decent package, would be hard to pass up. I think bottom 30's would even be livable there.

troycombat

Forum Ride Along
ETMC is a decent service. the last time I know they pay ok. Waco is small town around 1.5 hrs north of Austin. But if you're interested to other places there's a lot of services looking for EMT's in Houston. Cypress Creek EMS (northwest of Houston), Harris Co. EMS(greater Houston), Galveston EMS about 1.5 hrs south of Houston, Beaumont EMS (2hrs East of Houston).

STXmedic

Forum Burnout
Premium Member
Really? I always thought Waco was a fairly nice area.

TransportJockey

Forum Chief
ETMC is a decent service. the last time I know they pay ok. Waco is small town around 1.5 hrs north of Austin. But if you're interested to other places there's a lot of services looking for EMT's in Houston. Cypress Creek EMS (northwest of Houston), Harris Co. EMS(greater Houston), Galveston EMS about 1.5 hrs south of Houston, Beaumont EMS (2hrs East of Houston).
And Galveston is looking for quite a few at all levels. We are a little short staffed lol